New DE armybook RULES RUMOURS

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: New DE armybook RULES RUMOURS

Post by Omnichron »

Scyloc wrote:Omnichron i copied your magic item review to the magic item review thread.

Thanks, will discuss the items further there then :)

7,5 slaves is a lot... dark riders and shades it is.
Personal quote: "It's better to do little damage and lose nothing than to do lots of damage and lose everything."
Final tournament score for 7th DE book in 8th edition - W/D/L: 25/5/10
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

7.5 slaves makes harpies useless. Nobody is going to pay that much.
Maybe if they're T/S 4. maybe
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Scyloc
Noble

Post by Scyloc »

Yes indeed. It seems we are left with naked Dark Riders as out "new" redirectors.

Without having checked. We might be The army with most expensive redirectors.
Setomidor
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Setomidor »

Agreed, I'd rather have a unit of Shades or Dark Riders for 5 points more. :( Maybe, MAYBE I'll include one unit of Harpies for those really crucial redirects, but I'm not sure yet. With M7, the Medusa could actually be a quite decent redirector for only 90 pts as well.
van Awful
Highborn

Post by van Awful »

Black Guard (Special or Rare?) - 7 1/2 slv per model
- ItP, Stubborn, Eternal hatred to all enemies, that means reroll all failed rolls to hit every round.
- Stats are 5, 5, 4, 3, 3, 1, 6, 2, 9 - apparently, no longer capped at 20 max

Is it confirmed that there isnt a cap anymore on the Black guards, so no more max 20 or max 1 unit?
Havent seen it mentioned anywhere, but that could just be me...
Nec spe, nec metu

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Scyloc
Noble

Post by Scyloc »

"only" 90 pts. Sad a finesse army line DEs are left with such expensive redirectors.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Updated slightly the compendium with what I could take from GW fluff in their website - some information about mounts and Shadwoblade, that I had not seen previously.
Also, when you log in, you can jump directly to the compendium with a single click.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Shadoer
Dark Rider

Post by Shadoer »

You know I just realized that Malakeith might finally become viable. Always Strike First means he can actually have a real shot at destroying the enemy character magic weapon before they can strike him and Soul Stealer from Dark Magic allows him to get his wounds up to 10. It's not necessarily good for tournaments, but it would be nice to be able to use Malakeith for once without him being a massive liability.
There is no such thing of defeat, just the postponement of victory.
Dimitriosb
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Dimitriosb »

Are there any new rules or equipment for the black guard?Sea Dragon cloak,armour piercing?
Trax
Assassin

Post by Trax »

Easy there. Dark riders got cheaper, Harpies more expensive, it's no downfall of all chaff, really, and with Warlocks we even got some new (albeit emergency) redirectors. I don't mind from a fluffy point of view, that our redirectors are not the cheapest around. It's not like DE aren't wont to sacrifice some stuff, but I'm okay with more expensive choices, and being able to fly still has some perks - althouth naked Dark Riders (might as well give them shields now just in case...) are probably the better choice now.

@Dimitriosb
Nope, none. And they certainly won't get it with their point cost and abilities (besides, the models don't wear cloaks ofc)
Forumite
Dark Rider

Post by Forumite »

Dimitriosb wrote:Are there any new rules or equipment for the black guard?Sea Dragon cloak,armour piercing?

Sea Dragon Cloaks gor buffed, it now gives Scaly Skin 5+

Crossbows are saig to be the same
Handbows are said to be 12''
There is a new thing called "Brace of Repeater Handbows" that the Corsair Champ can take, sounds promising.

Shown in the Corsair entry
https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/warham ... 9485?mt=11
Setomidor
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Setomidor »

The brace is just another name for pair (which are also in the current book)
Enkiel
Assassin

Post by Enkiel »

Wondering, anything filtered about Hag being able to be a BSB still?
Forumite
Dark Rider

Post by Forumite »

I reread Power of Darkness, it does allow ward saves, just not armour saves (which our wizards don´t really use). It looks a bit better now, a lvl 2 Sorceress with some MR or a decent Ward can cast for +1S mostly for free at 2 PD, and a Supreme Sorc can cast with 1 PD for a net-gain. A dagger-Sorc casting PoD can use sacrifices to generate on average +1 PD/phase. If you use the Cloak of Twilight, then your Sorc has a 3++ ward against the potential wound, since it comes from a spell. An AHW Corsair-bunker with a few Dark Sorceresses can be VERY dangerous to attack.
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

Do we still have the beastmaster scourge, or has that gone the way of the Cathayian Long Sword?
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
Forumite
Dark Rider

Post by Forumite »

Saintofm wrote:Do we still have the beastmaster scourge, or has that gone the way of the Cathayian Long Sword?

I haven´t heard anything about it but I fear that it´s gone. We don´t have handlers with our monsters anymore and the Sisters of Slaughter use Hand Weapons and Shields, not whips and shields.

I wish our Repeater Crossbows would get a buff, like Multishot(3). High Elf Archers are cheaper with longer range, and in my experience multishot(2) rarely help. I almost always get -2 to BS before multishot, from moving and long range, or long range against charger, or cover, and if you hit on 5+ then there is no real advantage to shooting twice as many shots but hitting on a 6.
[/whine]
Ilphrin
Warrior

Post by Ilphrin »

Hmmm.. is the +1 strength spell rly that good. I think about the close combat phase in which our sorceress will be killed in the 1st line easily. Or i am wrong?
Dimitriosb
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Dimitriosb »

Now that we can put all characters in executioners,is there any reason not to put in the unit a sorcerer with mr3?See the signature spell as an extra gift.
Ilphrin
Warrior

Post by Ilphrin »

What du you mean with mr3? When i think of total energy and the executioners... :(
Trax
Assassin

Post by Trax »

The High Beastmaster himself is armed with a spear, so I doubt the Scourge will make a return in any form. It's been OP anyway, so good riddance.
Forumite
Dark Rider

Post by Forumite »

Ilphrin wrote:Hmmm.. is the +1 strength spell rly that good. I think about the close combat phase in which our sorceress will be killed in the 1st line easily. Or i am wrong?

She needs some kind of ward save, most likely, but the danger in the front line is not quite as big now. Anyone attacking her first have to weather a round of attacks. How does frenzied S7 Executioners striking on I5 sound? With ASF only elves can send in light units to charge into the front and snipe her, everyone else needs to send bigger units that can survive the first round of attacks, and a Supreme Sorceress with a 4++ Ward and Soul Stealer may take quite a lot of wounds before going down.
Harkonnen
Shade

Post by Harkonnen »

Hmm, wondering if we take lore of life, we could potentially resurrect Tullaris, when slain, as he's kindof the "unit champ" ? :mrgreen:
With the new ASF, Tullaris might generally be quite interesting depending on his new rules ofc..

Anyhow, looking forward to T7 elves from Throned flesh to stone :) (I second that i'm most enthusiastic about able to take life lore:P).
Drasanil
Dru Perim

Post by Drasanil »

Searinox Nagharha wrote:And then this beuatiful piece of text is your first repost?
Sir, i may be new here but i like you already xD

Rasputinii wrote:a name I recognize!

Grognards FTW!

--- --- ---

Forumite wrote:a Supreme Sorceress with a 4++ Ward and Soul Stealer may take quite a lot of wounds before going down.

Anyone else finding the prospect of a black amulet/Tome (Soul Stealer)/OTS High Sorc amusing as all heck? Go in bloated on wounds, stay safe by issuing challenges and watching combat lords kill themselves attacking her :twisted:

Also another interesting prospect for the Cloak of Twilight, it's not an outright killer combo, but is a rather good way to ensure a discreet life using support sorc survices. Between the 3++, the penalties for shooting, and the 4+ LoS if close to unit it's a good way to keep a 'cheap' healer alive on foot whose main job would be to lifebloom and regrowth characters and units.
The truth behind the Sundering:
Rork wrote:High Elf: "I'm not fat!"
Dark Elf: "Of course you're not, dear. You've just grown lazy and indolent and wrecked the inheritance for our children!"
High Elf: "I want a divorce."
Malikos
Trainee Warrior

Post by Malikos »

Do we know if the cauldron still gives stubborn to cauldron units?
Forumite
Dark Rider

Post by Forumite »

Malikos wrote:Do we know if the cauldron still gives stubborn to cauldron units?

Noone with info on the Cauldron mentioned stubborn. It gives Frenzy, Super-Frenzy and reroll on failed rolls to wound, but so far no stubborn.