Can a sorceress go with shades?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Bozo69PD
Trainee Warrior

Can a sorceress go with shades?

Post by Bozo69PD »

I'm just wondering if I can put a sorceress with a unit of shades and if this is ever a good idea tactically? She would get skirmish right?
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: Can a sorceress go with shades?

Post by Calisson »

BRB p.77: a sorc on foot only can join them, she would become skirmisher as well.
The tactical problem is that shades are already excellent targets for magic missiles, it would make only matters worse, except if sorc gets strong magic resistance.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Akholrak
Executioner

Post by Akholrak »

Also note that if you were to put her in the unit at the start of the game, the Shades cannot use their Scout move. Tactically, I would say no for basically the same reason Calisson stated. The unit is already a target for magic missiles etc and putting her in the unit will make them subject to greater fire. T3 with no save is very fragile, even with strong Magic Resistance.
Bozo69PD
Trainee Warrior

Post by Bozo69PD »

Ok, now what if I put some sort of magic resistance on her? I was thinking of also giving her tome so she could guaranteed get soulstealer and try to build up massive amounts of wounds while running all my COK right at the enemies face. Otherwise with what I'm running I think I'd have to put her on a CO!
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

Akholrak wrote:Also note that if you were to put her in the unit at the start of the game, the Shades cannot use their Scout move. Tactically, I would say no for basically the same reason Calisson stated. The unit is already a target for magic missiles etc and putting her in the unit will make them subject to greater fire. T3 with no save is very fragile, even with strong Magic Resistance.

Since Shades are Scouts, they get deployed after characters eve if you decide they should go I your deployment zone. As a result she normally can't start in a unit of Shades anyway (unless the scenario says no Scouting).
Truly These are the End Times ...