Most satisfying thing about playing Druchii

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Dreadlegions
Slave (off the Altar)

Most satisfying thing about playing Druchii

Post by Dreadlegions »

What is the most satisfying thing about the way this army plays for you?
Khaleth Blackheart
Would-be Seerlord or Quack doctor

Re: Most satisfying thing about playing Druchii

Post by Khaleth Blackheart »

Laughing maniacally when you crush an opponents army :twisted:
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Post by Searinox Nagharha »

the looks on ppls faces when i field Darkshards when i start my shooting phase, rolling 20 dice for a minimum sized unit has every1 shiz their pants :P
or running 2 units of Dark Riders that run around my enemies back field like they belong their.
best one so far tho was IF'ing the boosted Doombolt on the last Warlock of a unit with 3 6's, rolling 23 on the number of hits, wounding with 18, and killing 12 of my friends Inner Circle Knights with 2Handers. then rolling the attribute for an additional 12 hits, 4 wounds and 2 kills. then rolling a D3, taking 3 wounds and saving all 3 of them. the look on my friends face was priceless.
PLOG - The House of Corvus

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

The glorious speed of Warlocks and Dark Riders, the evil of Supreme Sorceresses and the Cold One charge crashing home :twisted:
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Multiple Dark pegasi charges, multiple magic threats and the twisted thrill of conquering in the name of our dark Overlord.
Bigboar
Dark Rider

Post by Bigboar »

I come from a bretonnian army, still love them but there is only one list to play, with minor differeces...

With my DE i won with a lot of different lists, I love that my friends never know if they are going to face a shooty list, a Msu, an all mounted, a monsters list, infantry hordes... almost everytime with a different lore and characters (high beast master, ss, peg lors, dragon lord...) thats amazing!
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Seeing my enemies driven before me and hearing the lamentations of their women.

I'm surprised I'm the first to say it.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Akholrak
Executioner

Post by Akholrak »

In game terms, the versatility in our book makes for a lot of fun and competitive lists from MSU, to big hordes to an all-cavalry list, it all works! However, I have recently grown to love listening to my friends complain just how much they think Witch Elves shouldn't be in core. :P
direweasel
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by direweasel »

We have all the cool bits of evil fantasy. Remember the age old debate about pirates vs ninjas? We have both (corsairs and assassins). We have big scary monsters, dinosaurs (cold ones), scantily clad hot chicks, both of the psychotic frenzied variety and the magic slinging variety, awesome magic cavalry, sneaky scout death, the list goes on. It's an army that just screams cool. It's good to be bad. :)
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Apocalypse Drow! Plog: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75360
Vulcan
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Vulcan »

The best part of playing Druchii is that when one list gets boring I can make a totally different list and still be competitive.
Cold73
Highborn

Post by Cold73 »

Most of the things have already been said.

<@Dalamar....thanks for the most profoud reason>

The synergie between our units...all units seperately can be countered by almost every army... but the devious tactics we need to employ makes us a force to be reckoned with.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

direweasel wrote:scantily clad hot chicks, both of the psychotic frenzied variety and the magic slinging variety

and dont forget the thrill seeking kind (SoS)

Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Pablo
Shade

Post by Pablo »

Before the game:
Looking at my opponent straight in the eye while constantly, startinng with a whisper and slowly getting louder, chant "murrrrrrder, mmurrrderrrrr"
During the game:
Making pew pew noises and rolling 50 dice to kill all of his toys while sporadically shouting "GLORY TO KHAINE!?
After the game:
The blo... I mean the sweet sounds of my opponents tears.
Creating a Cult of Mathlann Army!
CitizenKhaine
Beastmaster

Post by CitizenKhaine »

The huge range of awesome units. Warlocks and Dark Riders are current my favourites, wait the Witches are, no it is the Executioners, no wait ..... arrgh!
You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan - Designed and directed by his red right hand - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds (channeling Khaine)

Visit the Citizens of Khaine http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75270
direweasel

Post by direweasel »

Searinox Nagharha wrote:
direweasel wrote:scantily clad hot chicks, both of the psychotic frenzied variety and the magic slinging variety

and dont forget the thrill seeking kind (SoS)

My bad! I don't own any yet, so it's easy for me to forget them. =P
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Diobarach
Black Guard

Post by Diobarach »

I think the army's eclectic options do it for me, especially combined with a lot of the models having a very dynamic style.
Sangfroid
Executioner

Post by Sangfroid »

Always strikes first and murderous prowess, I love the look of deflation when you roll the dice then pick up,all the misses/1's and have another go :-)
direweasel

Post by direweasel »

Sangfroid wrote:Always strikes first and murderous prowess, I love the look of deflation when you roll the dice then pick up,all the misses/1's and have another go :-)

I've been playing dark elves before we had all these rerolls for stuff. Just saying. :)

AWdeV
Trainee Warrior

Post by AWdeV »

The reroll stuff is pretty new after all. It's only there since this incarnation of the book.

For some reason I've always been tempted by the Druchii. Empire, Skaven, Bretonnia, Vampire Counts, they all had their charm but they just don't have the same style as the Dark Elves have.
direweasel

Post by direweasel »

Oh, I thought we had them in the last edition too, I didn't play that one so I was mistaken. I had been out of the game for an extended period.

Sorry, carry on :)

AWdeV
Trainee Warrior

Post by AWdeV »

I'm not the one who made that previous post by the way. Though I suspect the similar ranks and lack of avatar can be confusing. :P

I've got three DE army books here and as far as I know they're in consecutive order with not suddenly one missing in between. I checked the before-last one and it didn't yet have the whole murderous prowess thingamajigger so those re-rolls are new. :P

The ASF is also new by the way.

And the older books had a much more interesting arsenal of magical equipment. I want lifetaker back. 30" s4 (AP) repeater crossbow with multiple shots (3) and always hits on 2+ in its latest incarnation. For a meagre 30 points. :shock:
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

well we always hated everything, so we always had our Reroll To Hit in the first round of combat

Pablo
Shade

Post by Pablo »

Not in 6th and most of 7th.
Creating a Cult of Mathlann Army!
direweasel

Post by direweasel »

Searinox Nagharha wrote:well we always hated everything, so we always had our Reroll To Hit in the first round of combat

Yep when I played we hated High Elves. I think Black Guard hated everything, but that was it. They were also a 0-1 unit. And High Elves had something else against us, it wasn't called Hatred because that sounded evil, but it was something like that... so it's not like we had some huge advantage on them either.

Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

in 6th we hated high elves... black guard hated everyone but it was still only for the first round of combat.

High Elves were immune to panic against us (now they get re-rolls)
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16