How to dismantle Throgg & his trolls (in combat)?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Haagrum
PhD in Dark Magic

Re: How to dismantle Throgg & his trolls (in combat)?

Post by Haagrum »

Gidean wrote:
MurphyAKL wrote:I run 10 Sisters with the Flame banner in almost all my lists for the sole purpose of Trolls and Beasts of Nurgle.

Against Throgg + 5 Trolls:
- More often than not the Sisters (4 wide, 4 supporting) will drop Throgg (4.5 wounds on average)
- Other 4 attacks (champ) do 2.3 more wounds for a total of 6.8

- 5 Trolls come back and average 3.12 kills
- 5 stomps (being generous) do another 2.08 for a total of 5.2 kills.

Sisters have a banner, so on average will win combat by 2.6.

Sisters of Slaughter - check them out (if not just because the models are sweet).

Except now Trogg will have a Doombull in the unit with Blackened Plate giving them a 4+ ward save against flame attacks.

Well, if we're using End Times armies, just hurl the Phoenix/Eternity King, the Incarnate of Life or the Avatar of Khaine at them.

Alarielle is safe in a challenge (which they have to issue), and will typically hit with 3/4 of her attacks, wounding on 2+ with rerolls, and doing D6 wounds per hit before the opponent strikes back. A 4+ ward or Regeneration will only save you so often.

Tyrion and either version of Malekith will absolutely shred their challenger, Regeneration/4+ ward or otherwise. As soon as the Phoenix King takes out the Doombull, he carves through the Trolls like a hot knife through butter, with virtually no risk of harm thanks to the complete lack of magical weapons. Tyrion and the Eternity King take a bit longer, thanks to the lack of Flaming Attacks, but it's a very one-sided fight.
"The wrath of a good man is not to be feared. They have too many rules."

"Good men don't need rules. Today is not a good time to find out why I have so many."