The End Times lists and 50% lord/hero allowance.

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: The End Times lists and 50% lord/hero allowance.

Post by Gidean »

Mikael.k wrote:Anybody else got around to test the new character allowances? Havent seen all that many reports about it :)

Played last night with two Demon Princes, at 505 each, a level 1 on a demon steed (scroll caddy), and 3 Exalteds on Juggers (one was a bsb and I ran these as a unit of heroes). I also had 3 units of mounted Marauders, 3 units of vanguard Chaos hounds, two chariots and a unit of 3 chaos trolls. My High Elf Opponent conceded when I charged both Demon Princes into his 15 strong Silverhelm unit (no banner of the dragon). I made a few major mistakes and my dice for magic were my usual crap (I rarely roll above seven for winds) so having two level 4s didn't really help all that much. In other words I never got off Choir. :burns: This was true Herohammer and the army was VERY forgiving of errors and bad dice rolls.
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

This was true Herohammer and the army was VERY forgiving of errors and bad dice rolls.

:(
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Your opponent clearly wasn't ready.
that WoC "army" would've crumbled to any reasonable HE list
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Killerk
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Killerk »

well 2 maxed out daemon princes is not the most effective WoC army also.
Also known as Kanadian
Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gidean »

Killerk wrote:well 2 maxed out daemon princes is not the most effective WoC army also.

I agree. He grumbled and whined about my use of the new rules. I wanted to show him the face of our new Meta. Because let's face it, if the rules allow it, People will bring it. :roll: Personally I liked Herohammer. I still have fond memories of 4th edition. Might be because of the buddy I played with back then or maybe I just loved that "Winds of Magic" deck. TOTAL POWER FTW! !lol!

So after the game I put together another list and posted it for him. Replaced the DP of Slaneesh with two regenerating and fire breathing Chimeras. Replaced two of the Khorne exalted with a whole unit of four skullcrushers. Now everything was back down below 25% for the characters. Much better list for elf killing too in my opinion. The two chimeras would make short work of his Archer bunker.

Two level 4s are great but they competed for the meager power dice I rolled. My 3 rolls in the game were 5,7,7. His were 8, 9, 9. He also had the book of Hoeth. I took a Chaos familiar but in spite of that couldn't channel a darn die.

@Dalamar. This was the same High Elf army that beat my Dark Elves by a 400+ point margin a couple of weeks ago. He has it pretty well honed. Not to mention he was the Overall winner of our regions biggest tournament (Quake City Rumble) more than once. He is not easy to beat even when someone surprises him. He had some abysmal luck with the dice too the other night. He never got off Mindrazor because he kept IF'ing his opening spell and then loosing the dice he had saved for it.
Killerk
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Killerk »

I also played my first game using new herohammer rules.
my list
1 l4 on stead and death. Ward and scroll.
3 pegs
7 dark steed heroes with lances. one with ring of hotec and one with posion of strenght. few had rxbs.
3 units of 7 dark riders with full kitt.
2 RBT's
6 warlocks.

played vs scaven.
turn 2 he had on the table a abom that came back to life after taking 11 wounds, bell and a few clanrats.
turn later he had the bell and 1/2 of the stormvermin. We ran low on time, so I charged him and we finished as he would not last till next turn. Normally I would shoot them to bits and charge in the last turn.

the game was one sided from the beggining. and it wasnt verry fun for him, he tried to be a sport. and I felt really bad as he could do anything but hope for amazing luck to get some points back.

next test game 2 DP, hellfire sword lord and a l4, unkillabke bsb and chaff vs any one foolish to try :/.
Also known as Kanadian
Eldarwonderland
Warrior

Post by Eldarwonderland »

My my, that'll be a lot of "fun" to play against week after week.

If that happened at my club you'd run out of opponents very quickly.
Avatars of War: ordered vestals in March for April delivery, finally arrived Dec 15 2014
Killerk
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Killerk »

In my club taking a weak list is considered disrespecting your opponent ;).

And fluff battles are played in larger points say 5k or more.

Different country different mind set I guess.
Also known as Kanadian
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Omnichron »

Yeah, I got the same situation as Killerk... you take the strongest lists you can come up with and have intense and tough games... it can be quite a lot of fun as it is a lot of challenge. Also, this means you get into tournaments with an edge.

The game is still fun, just in a different way.
Personal quote: "It's better to do little damage and lose nothing than to do lots of damage and lose everything."
Final tournament score for 7th DE book in 8th edition - W/D/L: 25/5/10
Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gidean »

I think the increase of Lord and Hero allotment was a smart thing. 4D6 winds of magic and non-dispelable spells...not so much. The game is moving to ridicules. :roll:
MexicanNinja
Shade

Post by MexicanNinja »

Gidean wrote:I think the increase of Lord and Hero allotment was a smart thing. 4D6 winds of magic and non-dispelable spells...not so much. The game is moving to ridicules. :roll:

Just don't play using the 4D6 winds of magic. You don't have to use that specific rule.

You won't see this crap in any swedish comp event and this is most likely going to die out once 9th hits. It's just the new Storm of Chaos campaign without all the game results being posted online.
Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gidean »

MexicanNinja wrote:
Gidean wrote:I think the increase of Lord and Hero allotment was a smart thing. 4D6 winds of magic and non-dispelable spells...not so much. The game is moving to ridicules. :roll:

Just don't play using the 4D6 winds of magic. You don't have to use that specific rule.

You won't see this crap in any swedish comp event and this is most likely going to die out once 9th hits. It's just the new Storm of Chaos campaign without all the game results being posted online.

No I don't think so. It is more insidious than that. And they pretty much said you have to use to End of Times magic if at least one player wants to. :(