Pegasus Masters 1500 points

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Bloodshakes
Corsair

Pegasus Masters 1500 points

Post by Bloodshakes »

I was wondering, would a peg list work at 1500 points? I'm looking for an tournament list (2400points) shrunken down to 1500 points.
So that would be a dreadlord on pegasus and 2 masters on pegasus together with a sorceres on foot. (no points left for her mount)

edit: the tactics with this should be that everything in the army is hard to kill.
My favorite unit ATM: Cold One Knights
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Re: Pegasus Masters 1500 points

Post by Amboadine »

Trio peg plus SS seems a lot to pack into 1500.
You would probably be better off running duo pegs masters to give yourself a chance of bulking out the list with units.

Core could be all DRs backed up by RBTs, Shades and Warlocks.
Bloodshakes
Corsair

Post by Bloodshakes »

Amboadine wrote:Trio peg plus SS seems a lot to pack into 1500.
You would probably be better off running duo pegs masters to give yourself a chance of bulking out the list with units.

Core could be all DRs backed up by RBTs, Shades and Warlocks.

You sir are great! In this list I use a unit of 25 executioners and 2 units of shades. gonna delete the dreadlord. and maybe put the executioners away for the dark riders.
I only have 1 thing to use a RBT. Would that be good enough? (Also have only 10 riders).
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Ten dark riders will not fill you core requirement, so will need to add another unit in there as well. Perhaps some shards to complete.

If you share the list it will help assess what could be shifted around. I would suggest investing in at least one more RBT. Two is really the minimum I would want to leave home with.
Bloodshakes
Corsair

Post by Bloodshakes »

This is what I got so far. This should be in army list section but since where talking about it here and now..

Supreme Sorceress: Lvl 4, Dispel Scroll, Ring of Hotek, 295
Lore of Life

Master on Dark Pegasus: BSB, Lance, Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Charmed Shield, Talisman of Preservation, 211

Master on dark peg, Halberd & SeaDragonCloak, shield, lance, cloak of twilight. 188 points

25 executioners: Musiscian, draich master, banner of ethernal flame 340 points

2 x 5 Dark Riders, mus and shields 95 + 95 points

7 Shades 112 points

6 shades 95 points

1 Reaper 70 points

Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Will forgive you for where you post. Perfectly acceptable within this thread.

Do you have any warlocks? These would fit nicely rather than Execs.
Bloodshakes
Corsair

Post by Bloodshakes »

Amboadine wrote:Will forgive you for where you post. Perfectly acceptable within this thread.

Do you have any warlocks? These would fit nicely rather than Execs.

Man, I wish I had them! I now use the 8 converted glade riders from a WE battalion to use as dark riders together with some spare horses.
so extra cavalry is not an option at the moment… I have 30 corsairs, 40 darkshards, a chariot and a kharybdiss left to use
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

With what you have, then I suggest if you want to run the pegs then perhaps drop a unit of shades and a couple of execs and run a unit of 10 Corsairs to assist the block of Executioners. You still keep the vanguard protection for the Shades and gain a flanking unit to keep threats away from you many combat block.
Peg masters and DRs need to clear War machines quickly and then become great multi charge units, do not feed them piecemeal into units, you need to get the combo charges off to get the best out of them.
Bloodshakes
Corsair

Post by Bloodshakes »

Amboadine wrote:With what you have, then I suggest if you want to run the pegs then perhaps drop a unit of shades and a couple of execs and run a unit of 10 Corsairs to assist the block of Executioners. You still keep the vanguard protection for the Shades and gain a flanking unit to keep threats away from you many combat block.
Peg masters and DRs need to clear War machines quickly and then become great multi charge units, do not feed them piecemeal into units, you need to get the combo charges off to get the best out of them.

hmm doesn't sound like a great army after all. It can work of course but i'm sick and tired of being the loser all the time. That's why I'm so busy making these lists :|

say, If I drop the peg master situation. And make the best list available with the things I have? I do have made my own cauldron of blood which is usable in friendly battles..
And the corsairs can be used as executioners or whatever what if needed.

these are the models without my characters

1 Kharybdiss
30 corsairs
40 darkshards
A rock lobber using as RBT
5 Cold One Knights
10 Dark Riders
1 Cold One Chariot
1 cauldron of blood
enough wood elves with hoods to use as shades

And again. Thank you very much.
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

I think you have a lot of ideas that work better at 2400 pts plus. As you decrease the points it gets harder to keep them builds in a cohesive state.
What sort of game do you aim to play? Hit and run, full on charge, missiles and magic.
Bloodshakes
Corsair

Post by Bloodshakes »

Amboadine wrote:I think you have a lot of ideas that work better at 2400 pts plus. As you decrease the points it gets harder to keep them builds in a cohesive state.
What sort of game do you aim to play? Hit and run, full on charge, missiles and magic.

I'm open for trying all kinds of stuff, but the most important thing, I want to do it the dark elf way. I want to be evil and a pain in the ass for my opponents ;)
But to give a clearer anwser: I like hard hitting units and shooting. I don't like to gamble so I'm not a big fan of magic.