Pre order Web bundle

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Pre order Web bundle

Post by Amboadine »

Just up this evening. Many many Witch elves and CoB.

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/The-Merciless-Host-of-Naggaroth

Doesn't exactly save much though. I make it a saving of exactly zero.... :?
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Re: Pre order Web bundle

Post by T.D. »

Cheap as chips :roll:
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
flatworldsedge
Chosen of Khaine

Post by flatworldsedge »

Looks like they've photoshopped that same unit of ten Witch Elves into the bundle over and over again, FWIW. So it's not the painting overhead keeping the price up.
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

There's never been any savings on the big bundles :P its just easier to order, thats all. And it will persuade some people who where buying "a bunch of WE anyway" to purchase more than they otherwise would through buying this bundle. Its just a marketing strategy.
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Amarel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Amarel »

When that lone Sorc turns around, she's in for quite the shock...
Still Serving Slaanesh
Owner of one too many armies...
DA SAVAGE
Warrior

Post by DA SAVAGE »

i have zero witches and am considering buying this...
This was my third army my other armies are
3200 points of dwarfs
3000 of tomb kings
About 3000 of this but it will be 4000 after Christmas
And 2500 Orcs and Goblins
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Post by Searinox Nagharha »

ha your right xD completely overlooked her :P but your right. these all just come to just the normal salves values.
tho generally they do save some money :P
PLOG - The House of Corvus

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

If they would save some money, they would be more popular I think, but then they might have to market for retails as well..
I still like it. It has a certain lure to see all those units together like that. Somewhat over the budget I like to spend though.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
flatworldsedge
Chosen of Khaine

Post by flatworldsedge »

So having thought about this over the weekend, I wonder if its a sales tactic called "anchoring"? (Apologies to any "teaching to suck eggs" in the following!)

They did studies in the US where they'd sell cans of soup at gondola ends in supermarkets. In some stores you put up a sign saying "Special offer! Soup - $1 a can!" and in other stores you put up a sign saying "Special offer! Soup - $1 a can! Maximum 12 cans per customer!". Where you state a "maximum" that's much higher than the predicted "normal" sales units, then the average number of cans bought increases significantly over stores where there was an offer without any maximum. The hypothesis is that people "anchor" on the stated number.

(Interestingly, the effect seems to carry to most situations. There's another study where they'd ask questions as follows; "It is giant tortoises can live for 300 years. How old was Benjamin Franklin when he died?" vs. "Rabbits typically live for no more than 6 or 7 years. How old was Benjamin Franklin when he died?" Again - when asked the second question, people guess younger ages than when asked the first. And you can make the statement to question even more unrelated and it carries. All fun stuff if you like psychology/marketing/etc.)

Anyhow... is that what's going on here?

The bundle just sets the scene, anchors us, all on a paradigm where it's normal to pick up six boxes of Witch Elves. Then we'll be comfortable with units of 30, where before might have been thinking 15? Just an observation, and no worries if that's what they are up to - they're a sales organisation and its a sales technique - it'd be concerning if they weren't on top of it.
blackrobe
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by blackrobe »

I don't agree with the price GW ask for witch elves, so I got them elsewhere. 95% of the Warhammer items I buy are from my local Games Workshop as I want to support them. I paid £77 for my 30 witches and CoB instead, without compromising, legitimate models, all are now built to perfection.

Nobody needs 60 Witch Elves.

I found the above post regarding consumer psychology to be very interesting, I had not given that particular angle much thought prior. I don't blame GW for doing it, if they make more money and it results in satisfied customers go nuts. I think if two Dark Elf players went in on it and split the Witch Elves in half it may be a good idea. Never mind, I just added it up, buying it all individualy costs £264 which is the cost of the bundle.
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

i think when it comes to GW goodies, most people would be super excited by a saving of any kind.

To me, it seems rather silly that GW doesn't take even a token amount off its combined package. In this example, the combined cost of the multiple boxes is £264. If they were to sell it at £250, with the reduction advertised, I think they would get a lot of sales by people who felt excited to get ahead - even though the actual discount would be a mere £2 per box. This would include people who would typically only purchase a smaller amount. That's why supermarkets will often bundle together deals such as "buy 2 for £4" for products that have a cost of about £2.10 per unit, because they know that folks will purchase the two, in order to feel as though they are getting a deal, even if they only in fact wanted one to start with.
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman