2400 - DE and Allies!

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Gammal
Slave (off the Altar)

2400 - DE and Allies!

Post by Gammal »

Now, the end times are upon us, and it seems there might some option of actually gathering all our elven kin under one flag, and I wanted to have a go at it!
This is by no means meant to be tournament winning, but I would love to have some thoughts on composition and playability!
Here is the list! :)

(2397pts)

High Elves (320pts)

Loremaster of Hoeth (320pts)
Lores of Battle Magic, Wizard Level 2
Book of Hoeth, Shield of the Merwyrm Sword of Might

-------------------------------------------------

Wood Elves - (915pts)

Heroes
Waystalker (115pts)
Bow of Loren, Ironcursed Icon

Core (300pts)

10x Glade Guard 150pts
- Hagbane Tips

10x Glade Guard 150pts
- Hagbane Tips

Special (360pts)

4x Warhawk Riders (180pts) !lol!

4x Warhawk Riders (180pts) !lol!

Rare

7x Waywatchers (140pts)

Dark Elves - (1152pts)

Heroes

Master - (124pts)
BSB, Heavy Armor, Sea Dragon Cloak , Shield, Halberd
Banner of Swiftness

Core (305pts)

25x Blackark Corsairs (305pts)
- AHW, FC

Special (340pts)
15x Executioners of Har Ganeth (215pts)
- Mus, Standard of Dicipline

Reaper Bolt Thrower
Reaper Bolt Thrower

Rare (375pts)

5x Doomfire Warlocks :badh:

14 Sisters of Slaughter (250pts)
- FC
- Banner of Eternal Flame

TOTAL: 2394 PTS

Alright, haha! Lets get cracking with the general idea of this cluster**** of models! :roll:

Lets start of with my heroes.
The idea was at first to have three "generals" each one representing one elven race.
First out is loremaster of Hoeth, this is a weird choice for many, but looking at my list, I think he will fit right in with this rag-tag band of rejects, the book offers a "solid" magic face(DOH, PHASE!), and a bit of gear to make him a bit more killy.
This is one of my favorite characters in the game, I instantly fell in love with his fluff, and I am so glad I glad finally get to use him without getting an entire army of those nasty High Elves :)

The second character is a Waystalker, the wood elves element!
He brings his trusty bow of loren,
nothing too fancy right here, but its fluffy, its pretty cool, and helps bring many more shots to the table!
and last but not least, a standard DE BSB.
This guy right here is really getting on my nerves, I would very much like to have a Hag with brew spreading frenzy to my units instead, but as it stands now, I think I do need a BSB, but im not sure, thats what you are here for! Suggestions on this would be very helpful!

The base of the army is centered around one big block of Corsairs, well its not that big, but I can't really afford any bigger!
As a compliment and support to my main battle line I have two units of WE archers with poison arrows, these will assist pre combat and also make sure any fast cavalry gets shot down if they get close.
Normally I would use 2 units of RxB Dark elves, but I really wanted to have more of an woodelves element throughout the list, they also give me slightly longer range but lowers the sheer amount of ranged attacks.
That nets me just over 600 pts core which is minimum, and I think it looks alright for a first draft.

Im going to try making this as cohesive as possible, so lets look at some of the roles the following units fill instead of going into too much detail.

Warhawk riders (YESSSS½!!!) I love these guys, they replace the fast cav in my standard DE list, they bring shooting, they bring Killing blows, warmachine hunting, loads of wounds... Just all around really great and fun, and I think they fit the role well.
Two units of 4 brings me to a total 8 of these badboys flying around the field and killing stuff... mmm!

I usually love me some shades, but where would I put the mighty Sylvos (WE hero), he do not mingle so closely with his darker kin, instead he brings 7 of his most trusted warriors with him in to battle. The waywatchers, allowing for phenomenal shooting, massing out smaller shots or picking of high armour save targets, which segways me nicely in to the next choice;
Bolt Throwers.
This is based on a corsairs list I posted a few days ago, and these were for me auto include, I did feel bad about only having room for 2, but after looking over the list I realize I get a bunch of shooting from other places now which I didn't have before, so I think it worked out well!

To assist the mighty loremaster (not so mighty, only lvl2! HMPF) I have employed the service of a unit of warlocks, these guys are staple in almost any DE army.
More magic to cast, mobility assisting my flying chaff and even my scouts.

I have two units left, and the first one (The executioners) feels a bit off. I just cant seem to get the size right, im a bit worried about only bringing 15.
The unit itself will work as a flank chargers/hammer, and helps me deal with higher armour targets, but right now my "anvil" if you can call it that, is 25 corsairs... I guess it will have to do for now! Its really an odd mix, and I just cant get my head around if it will work or not.

Last but surely not least, the unit that made me go into DE in the first place, Sisters of Slaughter.
I love these badass ladies, right now only 14 strong (possibly a character goes here?)
The plan was having a hag with brew for the frenzy making the most out of these killing machines, but going 7x2 with flaming banner and aim for monsters is an option I guess!
This unit feels just right for me, even if I would love to bump them up to 15 to get that extra rank... things will change, we will see!

Now there you have it! A quick writeup how I hope this army will function!
There are probably a thousand better combinations out there, but this is just a first draft, please give any help you can :)

A thing i'm considering is replacing the execs with phoenix guards, but the models just don't appeal to me that much... perhaps I can do a conversion later on... That would probably help my army out... but then again i'm afraid of loosing to much of my hard-hitting power if I swap those out. Thoughts?

Thanks for reading!

GLORY FOR THE ELVES!
Last edited by Gammal on Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gammal
Slave (off the Altar)

Re: 2400 - Dark elves with endtimes allies

Post by Gammal »

Would love some feedback, sorry for the bump :)
Gammal
Slave (off the Altar)

Re: 2400 - DE and Allies!

Post by Gammal »

Cmon guys, even have a new forums, shameless bump again :)
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

Thats a serious amount of juice for 2400 points!

A lot of good synergies as well -- I paticularly like the combination of Sisters plus skirmishers.

I think Cold One Knights are a possible alternative for your Execs.

Let us know how it plays :)
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

The first feedback is that you must take into account the new magic phase, which is mandatory when you play with ET armies.
That's 56 spells available now to your Loremaster.
And "only" 15 available to locks.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}