What are some of the most badass lists you've ever seen?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Wrathbaby
Dark Rider

What are some of the most badass lists you've ever seen?

Post by Wrathbaby »

Christmas is coming and it's reached that point in the year where my parents are beating me to decide on what I want for christmas... So with that said, what are some of the most badass army lists you've ever seen? I'm not necessarily looking for a list that wins all the time, I just want something that looks cool and isn't used very often.

So far, the coolest one I can think of is the chariot list I began working on some time ago, which I posted here http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=75645&p=909926&hilit=the+thundering+warhost+of+naggaroth#p909926
"When it comes to besting the enemy, there's no such thing as 'overkill.'" - Good ol' Master Bronk

Also here's a PLOG: http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=76272
direweasel
Malekith's Personal Guard

Re: What are some of the most badass lists you've ever seen?

Post by direweasel »

Chariot heavy lists are definitely high on the cool chart. You might be interested in monster-heavy lists too. Pegasi, Manticores, Dragons, Hydras, and K-Beasts. Those can be fun. An all female list with Witches, Hags, Sorceresses, Medusae, and Cauldrons could be neat too. Options abound!
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Apocalypse Drow! Plog: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75360
Diobarach
Black Guard

Post by Diobarach »

Maybe get a dreadlord on dragon? Might as well take advantage of 50% lords going forward, and if combined profiles end up happening, he'll be pretty nasty. Seems to fit in with a thundering horde theme.
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Post by Searinox Nagharha »

Most "badass" looking list I saw for us Druchii was a 'circus' list.
The guy had
a HBM on a Manti
SS with Light on a DP
BSB on DP
a smallish unit of RXBs (think about 16?)
Rest of core filled with Dark Riders
something like 3 Hydra's (one from each of the last 3 generations so +1 for coolness)
2 K-Beasts
and 1 or 2 Medusae

was an awesome sight to behold as it thundered across the battlefield
PLOG - The House of Corvus

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth
Wrathbaby
Dark Rider

Post by Wrathbaby »

Hmmm, I hadn't considered this whole 50% lords business... but what's all this about combined profiles? I've been busy with uni for the last few months so I've not been paying much attention to the rumour mill.

I think I'm going to write myself a 4000 point list and incorporate as many monsters and chariots as I can. I shall report back with my findings soon.
"When it comes to besting the enemy, there's no such thing as 'overkill.'" - Good ol' Master Bronk

Also here's a PLOG: http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=76272
Diobarach
Black Guard

Post by Diobarach »

The combined profile is an extension of how a master on pegasus gets the toughness and wounds of the pegasus. There are hints that a dreadlord on dragon would have a single stat line where you combined wounds and attacks and then cherry pick the highest values for the other attributes. It currently only appears for certain special characters in the end times stuff.