K'Beasts good or bad?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

zen
Cold One Knight

K'Beasts good or bad?

Post by zen »

I've got a tournament coming up, and the main protagonists will be dark elves and warriors, with a few wood elves. The other armies will be there too, it's just that these three will make up the majority.

Are K'Beasts any good against these armies?

And before anyone mentions "it depends what else is in your army", my army will be a flying dark magic Mage, warlock bus, cauldron with elves and a couple of units of corsairs with bows (the tournament has quite strict comp rules and the games will involve lots of scenarios). Plus they've ruled that strength of Khaine works for shooting and magic as well as close combat.
Anything but a one... It's a one!

But I've got a reroll... OK that's a one too!!
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Re: K'Beasts good or bad?

Post by T.D. »

K-Beasts will help you against Warriors. Hydra are a much better choice vs Woodies.

Possibly not what you want to hear :P
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
zen
Cold One Knight

Post by zen »

I've got room for two - one of each or just two of the same?
Anything but a one... It's a one!

But I've got a reroll... OK that's a one too!!
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

One of each sounds ideal.

Just watch they don't panic off the board !lol!
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
marcopollo
Assassin

Post by marcopollo »

One of each, bur make sure you protect the right one at the right time. Kbeast's strength is kind of excessive against elves, while the hydra is not strong enough against 1+ armor.
Akholrak
Executioner

Post by Akholrak »

Pretty much what others have said, but 1 of each is ideal. K-beast will perform well against Chaos where there is more single, high-value targets with good armour saves. On the the hand, Hydras would perform better against Wood/Dark Elves. I would also take the breath weapon upgrade if you take a Hydra.
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

The Hyda is more crowed control. It has Strength 5 attacks plus a flaming breath attack at its remaining wounds for Strength, BUT with 7 attacks, thunder stomp and the breath attack, hores and hoards are its bread ad butter (although they fing goblens go well with jam).

K Beasts are what I like to call Brawlers. A Brawler is a monster meat for eleites and other monsters. It has average number attacks or slightly higher for a monster, 4-5, and high strength, either the standard 5 for monsters or much higher. K beast fits both to a tea. I doubt you will ever get feast of bones unless your lore of metal wizard casts blades of Albin on it, but it has the might to make knights go splat and rip a giant apart.

SO Agaisnt Wood Elves: Hydra all the way, but the K beast will need to focus on the Treeman and maybe Treekin.

Either or for Warriors though K beast has more anti armor with S6 attacks.
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra