Dragon Lord anti 1+ save character Load outs

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

zen
Cold One Knight

Dragon Lord anti 1+ save character Load outs

Post by zen »

Hi

Does anybody have any tips on how to kit out a dragon Lord for anti 1+ save character duty?

Namely un kill able warriors characters.
Anything but a one... It's a one!

But I've got a reroll... OK that's a one too!!
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Re: Dragon Lord anti 1+ save character Load outs

Post by Amboadine »

zen wrote:Hi

Does anybody have any tips on how to kit out a dragon Lord for anti 1+ save character duty?

Namely un kill able warriors characters.

Couple of options.

- Look to high strength items and potions to reduce that 1+ save. Armour piercing and killing blow will also help.

-Take Imrik with his combined profile, cost a lot of points (810), but destroys 1+ save characters.

http://minus.com/mJ0z1co6QhQfy
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Isn't there an armour negating blade? Problem is, that the weapon doesn't help out for the wound roll and ward save.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
zen
Cold One Knight

Post by zen »

Obsidian blade is an excellent idea. Combine with other tricksters shard for the ward save or cloak of twilight.

Would need magic assistance for wounding. There's plenty of soul blight around.

Akholrak
Executioner

Post by Akholrak »

As has been said, the Obsidian Blade would be the way to go, but you are likely to have trouble Wounding your target. This is where Ogre/Giant Blade would be handy but you would have to forego other equipment. If going the Obsidian Blade route, you would have to rely on magic support to be able to Wound easier. I would probably go Giant Blade, Other Trickster's Shard (and Dawnstone for survivability.)
zen
Cold One Knight

Post by zen »

Cheers. Plenty of ideas. Just what I was looking for.

marcopollo
Assassin

Post by marcopollo »

Manticores as mounts with their killing blow is not bad either. Especially if you can avoid cannons. Also, the black amulet is decent as it autowounds. Not as standards as some of the things that have been mentioned above, but good nonetheless. And with a good probability of having combined monster/character profiles, Manticores become quite points-efficient.
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Black Amulet with the other trickster's shard can be a nasty combination against unkillable enemy characters who are not in units. You get into combat, challenge, then laugh as half of their wounds against you bounce off of your 4+ ward save, before they have to re-roll their own ward saves against these rebounded wounds.

The difficulty with S6 or S7 attacks is that they only confer a -3 or -4 armor save modifier, which means that a 1+ armor save enemy lord will still save your attacks on a 4+ or 5+ You can get around it by combining any nasty melee weapon (great weapon, ogre blade, giant blade, chill blade, etc) with Potion of Strength. This will let you wound on 2s against nearly all foes and allow no armor saves for one combat round per game. The only downside is that you cannot take the Other Trickster's Shard to reduce the effectiveness of their ward save, as this both PoS and OTS are enchanted items.
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman