Dark Woods

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Bozo69PD
Trainee Warrior

Dark Woods

Post by Bozo69PD »

Hi I have a small Dark elf Army and have always wanted to add Wood Elves for an evil forest type feel. For Dark Elves I have

Supreme Sorceress
5x Dark Riders
5x Cold Ones + master on CO
5x Shades
hydra

I want to buy the last limited box set of Forest spirits with a bunch of dryads + 3 Treeman. I would make a treeman ancient or durthu I think...

So im thinking about just mashing the 2 sets together for an army and sticking the supreme sorceress with the dryads since she doesn't even have a bunker right now... It's a conversion I made too of a Elf with wings so it could be a counts as.

Anyone have any idea how I could make something like this work, I only have a few games under my belt at 500-750 points
Haagrum
PhD in Dark Magic

Re: Dark Woods

Post by Haagrum »

One point to note is that Dryads are on larger bases than the Sorceress, so she'd be stuck out on one side of the unit.

The Wood Elf book refers to a couple of areas of Athel Loren (and their occupants) which are a bit darker than elsewhere. While the Forest Spirits are a good choice, it's a very narrow and expensive investment and leaves you with extremely limited ranged options.

If you're sticking just with the fluff, that's cool - get the big box and run with that. If you want a few complementary ideas, I'd suggest instead taking some Glade Guard (which you could use as Deepwood Scouts if you wanted), Wildwood Rangers and Waywatchers.
"The wrath of a good man is not to be feared. They have too many rules."

"Good men don't need rules. Today is not a good time to find out why I have so many."
Cold73
Highborn

Post by Cold73 »

I'm using a wood elf army based around that box you are referring to.
Most often i use about 40 dryads...ancient treeman...and treeman.
With the right spells this is a very viable option.

However...i'd advice you to include a few shooters...glade guard with hag bane arrows are wonderfull... These are excellent in taking down Warmachines.

The Dark Elves you have fit wonderfully in such a scenario.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Makiwara
Shade

Post by Makiwara »

The Twigstar might give you some benefits with your forest spirits, 5 branchwraiths out in front of the dryads for a combat buff and life magic, tack a dark Mage on the side for power of darkness and you've got a reasonably hitty unit that should be hard to shift, could even tack a Seahelm on the otherside to allow for some reform shenanigans or a death hag for frenzy.
For us, there is no longer the druchii, the asur and the asrai; now there are only the Asdra; The Laughing Ones.

For us The Season of Doom is ended, now The Season of Opportunity is begun.