Khaine - we win

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Phierlihy
Malekith's Best Friend

Khaine - we win

Post by Phierlihy »

I got my new Khaine book and after reading the new rules, it took me about 45 seconds to patent Khaine's Power SystemTM...save two power dice for the end of your magic phase (once you've pulled out all your opponent's Dispel Dice) for an almost limitless magic phase brought to you by the makers of the Power of Darkness and the Sacrificial Dagger.

I'm not completely familiar with all the other races so I don't know what other heinous combinations are out there but the authors sure didn't think that one through...
Proud supporter of druchii.net
phierlihy@druchii.net
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Re: Khaine - we win

Post by T.D. »

Nice one.

I look forward to trying this out on an unsuspecting opponent :mrgreen:
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Haagrum
PhD in Dark Magic

Post by Haagrum »

Phierlihy wrote:I got my new Khaine book and after reading the new rules, it took me about 45 seconds to patent Khaine's Power SystemTM...save two power dice for the end of your magic phase (once you've pulled out all your opponent's Dispel Dice) for an almost limitless magic phase brought to you by the makers of the Power of Darkness and the Sacrificial Dagger.

I'm not completely familiar with all the other races so I don't know what other heinous combinations are out there but the authors sure didn't think that one through...

Aside from the "roll 3 dice, take a Wound" part, it's got merit.

Power of Darkness is now a must-stop spell.

EDIT: Also, on that point... unless there's some reason why the unit wouldn't get +1 Strength every time you cast Power of Darkness, this is even more obscene. Who needs Mindrazor to break open armoured targets?
"The wrath of a good man is not to be feared. They have too many rules."

"Good men don't need rules. Today is not a good time to find out why I have so many."
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

Haagrum wrote:
Phierlihy wrote:I got my new Khaine book and after reading the new rules, it took me about 45 seconds to patent Khaine's Power SystemTM...save two power dice for the end of your magic phase (once you've pulled out all your opponent's Dispel Dice) for an almost limitless magic phase brought to you by the makers of the Power of Darkness and the Sacrificial Dagger.

Aside from the "roll 3 dice, take a Wound" part, it's got merit.

Power of Darkness is now a must-stop spell.

EDIT: Also, on that point... unless there's some reason why the unit wouldn't get +1 Strength every time you cast Power of Darkness, this is even more obscene. Who needs Mindrazor to break open armoured targets?

Derp power xD this is two very nice finds. shiz!
Besides, isnt the ruling that magic resistance does provide a ward save against the PoD wound since its a spell? So stick a 4+ ward on your wizard and then a mr(2) in the unit for easy profit.

For additional profit, have a wizard spend turn 1 summoning skeleton units... Whereafter on turn 2 you migrate the PoD dice-bot into said unit, and just carve them right down for actually free power dice.
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

What are the new rules that allow this?
Haagrum
PhD in Dark Magic

Post by Haagrum »

Thraundil wrote:For additional profit, have a wizard spend turn 1 summoning skeleton units... Whereafter on turn 2 you migrate the PoD dice-bot into said unit, and just carve them right down for actually free power dice.

Sadly not. Undead are Unbreakable, but our casters are not, and thus cannot join that unit.

Of course, we can pull the POD trick with every unit of Warlocks... as though they needed another reason to be hated.
"The wrath of a good man is not to be feared. They have too many rules."

"Good men don't need rules. Today is not a good time to find out why I have so many."
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Marchosias wrote:What are the new rules that allow this?
Here: Magic in the End Times
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}