Return of the Sacrificial Dagger

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Return of the Sacrificial Dagger

Post by Gidean »

Haagrum wrote:
There's no need to - you can easily fit both options into the Lords allowance for under 600 points in a Host of the Aestyrion or Host of the Eternity King, while simultaneously transforming a unit of Dreadspears or Bleakswords (or Corsairs) from dagger fuel into a genuine close combat monster (assuming that POD isn't errata'd to prevent it from stacking).

I like the idea of two Lord armies. But I like one to be melee. I don't think I want to play with a Loremaster of Hoeth and Supreme in the same list. Personal preference. I'm not invalidating your points though. Your assessment is quite right. :) I suppose I could have two level 2s. One of those could use the dagger. The other is a scroll caddy. Definitely a must take with Khaine magic.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Scroll caddy is handy but not a must with khaine magic.
feedback scroll or that one that gives you extra dd are far more valuable. Hex scroll too.

Dispel scroll is of course handy but really only to stop the spells that can't be recast.

I'm thinking my end times lists will have at least 3 wizards just to carry the assortment of scrolls.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gidean »

Dalamar wrote:Scroll caddy is handy but not a must with khaine magic.
feedback scroll or that one that gives you extra dd are far more valuable. Hex scroll too.

Dispel scroll is of course handy but really only to stop the spells that can't be recast.

I'm thinking my end times lists will have at least 3 wizards just to carry the assortment of scrolls.

But I am playing in a meta where so far, we're deciding to treat a dispelled spell as 'failed' so yeah...dispel scroll is a must take. Before you argue with me, I know it is not RAW. We're doing our best here to keep the game playable.
Phierlihy
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Phierlihy »

My group is playing the same way your are Gidean. I'm curious how many folks are actually playing it the other way... I've heard of people trying it but I have yet to hear about someone actually enjoying the game that way.
Proud supporter of druchii.net
phierlihy@druchii.net
Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gidean »

Phierlihy wrote:My group is playing the same way your are Gidean. I'm curious how many folks are actually playing it the other way... I've heard of people trying it but I have yet to hear about someone actually enjoying the game that way.

Look up Lord Tremendous' YouTube channel.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

I've been away from the game for the past couple weeks due to personal reasons but I have an open game for "whenever I can" using full end times rules scheduled.

I expect it's going to be a blast (literally, with spells flying all over the place) and a reasonable back and forth.

Yes it does seem that characters (especially sturdy magws) are pleying a bigger role now than ever before... how's that different from having to deal with an OP demon prince on a regular basis?
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16