The Sickest Deathstar you can imagine.

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: The Sickest Deathstar you can imagine.

Post by Lord Drakon »

Gidean wrote:This not truly a Deathstar but does come in under 1000 points. 600 to be exact. ALL of the Elven Hosts from Warhammer: Khaine can field 8 repeater bolt throwers! 4 from special and 4 from rare. :shock:

My Lord, that could put a serious hurt on a whole lot of big bads in the game. :burns:

What about

2 beastmasters on scourgerunners
waystalkers

Glade Guard
Dark riders

4 bolt throwers
2 skycutters

4 bolt throwers
Waywatchers

That is a lot of big bolts
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Omnichron »

Shadestar is quite a lot better once you get the lame banner in it as well. Could easily make quite the deathstar out of such a unit as well, although I rarely go with deathstars now.

As mentioned, Malekith on his own is just insane, and I would probably have made some strong core like WE with a hag BSB on cauldron to just TP it in and mindrazor its way through the enemies. Of course, the blocking would be a problem, so shades and warlocks would be essential support units.

Luckily most tournaments I will go to will probably not use end of times rules, because they are kinda redicilous.
Personal quote: "It's better to do little damage and lose nothing than to do lots of damage and lose everything."
Final tournament score for 7th DE book in 8th edition - W/D/L: 25/5/10
Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gidean »

Omnichron wrote:
Luckily most tournaments I will go to will probably not use end of times rules, because they are kinda redicilous.

This! I'm sorry but if I have to give an honest opinion, an Eternity King army is just so over powered to fall into the realm of absurd. They will dominate all the standard armies and other EoT legions at tournaments if allowed uncomped.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

I don't think so. Yes it's an amazing army but so are chaos and undead legion (though chaos got the short stick on overpowered SC end). Empire can definiteky compete, even without KFC due to cheapish mages and cannons.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gidean »

Dalamar wrote:I don't think so. Yes it's an amazing army but so are chaos and undead legion (though chaos got the short stick on overpowered SC end). Empire can definiteky compete, even without KFC due to cheapish mages and cannons.

What is the Dark Elf army weakness? Lack of handling 1+ armors saves. Some wood elves added and problem solved. What is the High Elf strengths? Book of Hoeth and Broken Banner. You will certainly see the former in just about every Dark Elf army. Probably being carried by a Loremaster of Hoeth. Our Supreme Sorceresses can retire now and stay home having babies with their new High Elven husbands. ;) Thought our all cav armies were ridicules before? Add in some Wild Riders for some real punch power! :killed:

What can Chaos bring that is so amazing except Skillcannons in a Warriors army? Or perhaps Trogg, Trolls and a doombull with blackened plate teaming up?
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

Gidean wrote:Our Supreme Sorceresses can retire now and stay home having babies with their new High Elven husbands. ;)

As long as the children are brought up as Druchii and the husbands ritually sacrificed Black Widow-style I am willing to accept such arrangements :twisted:
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Gidean wrote:
Dalamar wrote:I don't think so. Yes it's an amazing army but so are chaos and undead legion (though chaos got the short stick on overpowered SC end). Empire can definiteky compete, even without KFC due to cheapish mages and cannons.

What is the Dark Elf army weakness? Lack of handling 1+ armors saves. Some wood elves added and problem solved. What is the High Elf strengths? Book of Hoeth and Broken Banner. You will certainly see the former in just about every Dark Elf army. Probably being carried by a Loremaster of Hoeth. Our Supreme Sorceresses can retire now and stay home having babies with their new High Elven husbands. ;) Thought our all cav armies were ridicules before? Add in some Wild Riders for some real punch power! :killed:

What can Chaos bring that is so amazing except Skillcannons in a Warriors army? Or perhaps Trogg, Trolls and a doombull with blackened plate teaming up?

It's not like Chaos needed help so yes, adding Skillcannons to an otherwise WoC army is more than enough.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gidean »

Dalamar wrote:
Gidean wrote:

It's not like Chaos needed help so yes, adding Skillcannons to an otherwise WoC army is more than enough.

Still not as bad as a bunch of Peg masters and Way Watchers living together....mass hysteria! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmzuRXLzqKk At least the design team didn't give us the free woods to boot! :roll:
Shakkara
Slave on the Altar

Post by Shakkara »

Don't forget to run units of 3 Tiranoc Chariots in a congo line along that sisters unit, for those sweet wyssans-boosted impact hits.
Dark reaper
Highborn

Post by Dark reaper »

You only get impact hits from the front rank, so that is not very effective.
Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gidean »

Dark reaper wrote:You only get impact hits from the front rank, so that is not very effective.

Yeah I didn't get it either.
Kzar
Trainee Warrior

Post by Kzar »

I am loving all these ideas.

Also on the deathstar topic. I think this is the reason why they didn't give high elf steeds the fast cav rule. Combing banner of world dragon with a unit of warlocks & masters and keeping the fast cav = ridiculous.
Dark reaper
Highborn

Post by Dark reaper »

I honestly doubt that they even paid that the slightest amount of attention when they made the rules for the High Elf Steeds.
Haagrum
PhD in Dark Magic

Post by Haagrum »

Kzar wrote:I am loving all these ideas.

Also on the deathstar topic. I think this is the reason why they didn't give high elf steeds the fast cav rule. Combing banner of world dragon with a unit of warlocks & masters and keeping the fast cav = ridiculous.

Well, that... and the insanity that would have resulted from Fast Cavalry Dragon Princes and Silver Helms.
"The wrath of a good man is not to be feared. They have too many rules."

"Good men don't need rules. Today is not a good time to find out why I have so many."