Fluffiest Pegmaster/ -lord

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Scorpeao
Slave on the Altar

Fluffiest Pegmaster/ -lord

Post by Scorpeao »

Hey everyone,

I've been experimenting with Pegmasters and Peglords in my last battles.
What is the best build you've created for these?

my last build was:
Dreadlord on Pegasus
Heavy Armour, SDC, Shield, Lance and Rep. crossbow
Cloak of Twilight, Glittering Scales and Luckstone
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Re: Fluffiest Pegmaster/ -lord

Post by Amboadine »

Firstly hello and welcome to the forum.

Most common build you will see here is;

Pegmaster, full mundane equipment, Cloak of Twilight and lance. RXB is optional.

Good all round character for every occasion.

Many good builds available however and many of us run 3 or 4 peg masters/lords in a 2400 list due to their obvious utility.
Red...
Generalissimo

Re: Fluffiest Pegmaster/ -lord

Post by Red... »

One of the best protected peg lord builds is:

Dreadlord with cloak of twilight and dawnstone, full mundane armour, and 25 more points of magic items allowance to spend as you please.
That provides a 3+ ward against magic and missile attacks, followed by a re-rollable 1+ armour save. The weakness of the build comes from the absence of a ward save for close combat, which means that very high strength attacks, or attacks that ignore armour, can ruin the model's day. But, as the lord is on top of a flying monstrous cavalry mount, he should be able to pick and choose his battles to avoid such a confrontation.

Alternatively, you could do:
Dreadlord with cloak of twilight and armour of fortune, full mundane armuor (minus the heavy armour which he already has), and 5 more points of magic items allowance to spend as you please
This gives a 3+ ward against magic and missiles and a 4+ ward save against close combat attacks, followed by a 1+ armour save. The downsides of this build is that it eats two high quality magic items, and that the 4+ ward benefit from the armour of fortune is redundant unless the lord gets into combat or has the cloak somehow destroyed. You could drop the cloak altogether, but then you are down to a 4+ ward against magic and missiles rather than a 3+ one.
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman