I Will be moving :o what should I bring ?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

CookiieJar
Slave on the Altar

I Will be moving :o what should I bring ?

Post by CookiieJar »

Hello fine sirs :)

( nt too sure if this is the right place to post this >< forgive me if it isn't

I am a woodie player :o however I like all kinds of pointy ears that I have a fair amount of both H-elves and D-elves. I'm pretty new to both the D-elves and H-elves that I am not too sure what are the " musts " of both armies. I am leaning more in bringing the evil D-elves because I have more of it compared to H-elves( Their story is pretty gruesome as well that I'm liking them quite a bit more :o soz H-elves ) . May I ask to what are the musts of a D-elves ? ( I usually play 2k - 2.5k pts and I would like to bring a good enough of a collection where i can make multiple lists )

My list of models :D :
80 Dreadspears
40 Dark Shards
Enough NOS to make another 36 Dreadspears or Darkshards or more command for existing units to run the army as you wish.
BSB
Sorceress
Sorceress
Morathi
34 Metal witch elves
caldron of blood/blood wrak shrine
24 Executioners
12 metal Dark Riders
4 assassins
18 corsairs with repeater bolt piston and hand weapon
6 Harpies
2 repeater bolt throwers with crew
Finecast Hydra
Metal Manticore
9 OOP really old metal cold one knights
5 Metal black guard
Lokir Fellheart

I know that I dont have them awesome Doomfires :( I will get them soon though but this is what I do have and I am curious to what are the important stuff :D
Thanks again in advance.

Cheers
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: I Will be moving :o what should I bring ?

Post by Calisson »

Hi, CookiieJar, welcome to D.net!
With End Times, you've got a chance to field all your models into a single army, lucky you are!

80 Dreadspears => A single unit of 40~50, FC provides all the steadfast you wish.
40 Dark Shards => can be fielded in ~25, FC, shields for a decent fighting unit which can shoot. Alternatively, up to 3 units of 10, muso are more than enough shooting.
BSB => on foot usually too vulnerable. Unless you use a 6-wheel chariot, pushing him to 2nd rank.
Sorceress, Sorceress, Morathi => A total of 6 levels of magic is great. Morathi is efficient, but the model can even better proxy a sorc on peggy. I suggest Lvl4 on peg + Lvl1 or 2 scroll caddy.
34 Metal witch elves => outstanding with COB; now, if you have still the possibility to make them Sisters, a unit of 15~20 with BWS would be great, all the more that you don't have the other usual rare.
caldron of blood/blood wrak shrine => either one is good. Best would be to magnet it and have either option.
24 Executioners => Great, useful even if not mandatory.
12 metal Dark Riders => you cannot have too many of them. Make them 2 units, 5 and 7, muso & shields, RXB on the largest one. If you have the option to make 5 of them as brolocks, do not hesitate.
4 assassins => take one RHB corsair and pretend that all together they are 5 shades, with AHW option.
18 corsairs with repeater bolt piston and hand weapon => a unit of 10 RHB corsairs, muso, is fun as a taunting unit, even if not that efficient (dont count to get your pts back only to annoy your opponent).
6 Harpies => not bad
2 repeater bolt throwers with crew => outstanding
Finecast Hydra => great, with breath
Metal Manticore => only for the fun, not efficient even with armour.
9 OOP really old metal cold one knights => very good. Either them or the Execs, but not both.
5 Metal black guard => useless, need 10 of them at least. A unit of 10 naked is useful, 25 are even better.
Lokir Fellheart => not bad, can be played, especially against numerous armies.

As you see, nothing is vital, nothing is useless, what matters is to combine everything into a single working army.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
CookiieJar
Slave on the Altar

Re: I Will be moving :o what should I bring ?

Post by CookiieJar »

Much thanks for the reply also for the warm welcome ;) and very sorry for the late reply on my part.

I ended cutting quite a bit of the army however I tried to take most of them :) Now just to read them tactics and whatnot to learn these nasty D-elves a bit more.