Monsters or Cold One Knights?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Venomblades
Shade

Monsters or Cold One Knights?

Post by Venomblades »

Hey guys! No noubt you have stumbled upon my previous threads, and to some extent they are all linked.

A recent game has left a few questions that need answering. I played a battle royale and although i survived it, it was not going well haha.

I run two combat blocks of executioners and black guard, although i have not used my black guard yet, as the game was at 2000 points, i have got multiple games coming up at 2400 that sport 25 black guard and 28 Executioners. In support of this i have Cold one 2 chariots and 2 bolt throwers. I guess my question is i find chariots great, i really do love them, but they are not game changing.

my big juicy, meaty, question is when running an infantry based list, what is best support and why? Example, high elves i came accross had the Classic Phoenix guard and White lions. Scary units that wreck face, but in support there was 2 Frostheart Phoenix. Now these things were so damn incredible. I struggled for an aswer to the Frosty presence. Chariots would not stand a chance, 2 bolties of mine were doing next to nothing against them. What i am thinking is maybe i needed something a bit heavy hitting, which has lead me to thinking maybe INFANTRY's perfect supporting units could be Cold one Knights, Hydra's, K-beasts?

What are your views as im anxious to try these out. Obviously i could give you all my army info, but i have given you the basis of my playstyle and just need some clarification. Maybe its understanding army synergy?

Thanks fellow Druchii!
Killerk
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Monsters or Cold One Knights?

Post by Killerk »

You don't engage phoenixes in CC unless you brake it on the charge. Magic and shooting is the best way to go. Is has 5W so you have to hit it 30 times to roll enough 6's to wound.

For any other bright ideas I'll just remind you it flies, and unless you opponent makes a huge I mean huge mistake, you not catching it, with a unit that can easily kill it.
Also known as Kanadian
Venomblades
Shade

Post by Venomblades »

Yep, your true in every word. Unfortunately i was using life and my spell selection did not turn out great.

But my question still remains....What units do we have on par with the likes of frosties and all other incredible monsters like that?
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

I hate phoenixes.

You could try witch bombs: small, maneuverable units of witches that can put out a high number of attacks and wound using poison.
Other than that, I agree with KillerK - MAXIMUM FIREPOWER FOR THE WIN. Well, or maximum firepower to not lose quite so badly. I hate phoenixes.
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Venomblades
Shade

Post by Venomblades »

Good to know! Will remember that for next time.

But this isnt just about phoenixes, its about what hits harder and sticks around longer and makes BEST support for our infantry?