Flame Template Tactica

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Flame Template Tactica

Post by Lord Drakon »

We have access to the Flame Templats through our War Hydras, Black Dragons and Black Dragon Egg. Until now I found the breath weapon of the War Hydra very effective, killing 20 plague monks at once with the shooting version, and 8 crypt ghouls with the combat version adding a lot to combat resolution.

I guess our Flame Templates are mostly useful against enemy infantry, but are there tacticians which use them for more purposes ? From which angle do you maximize the shooting template ? What was your most impressive killing spree with it ?

How do you use the Black Dragon Egg fire, where no armour saves are allowed ? What are your succes stories with it ?

Did you found the - 1 to WS and BS to be useful with the Black Dragon version ?
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Re: Flame Template Tactica

Post by Searinox Nagharha »

I tended to use it on my Assassin. Id reveal him at the start of a turn, eat the Egg and then charge a unit. preferable with the enemy General/BSB, or a high AS unit. if the General/BSB is in the unit I made sure to get him into BtB so I can atleast attack him. if possible I get him in a challange with him. 2D6 S2 armor ignoring hits scare alot of things. followed by a few S6 attacks. if just high AS the Breath Weapon is still devastating and now with T6 he has a better survival rate.
PLOG - The House of Corvus

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth
Demetrius
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Demetrius »

Searinox Nagharha wrote:I tended to use it on my Assassin. Id reveal him at the start of a turn, eat the Egg and then charge a unit. preferable with the enemy General/BSB, or a high AS unit. if the General/BSB is in the unit I made sure to get him into BtB so I can atleast attack him. if possible I get him in a challange with him. 2D6 S2 armor ignoring hits scare alot of things. followed by a few S6 attacks. if just high AS the Breath Weapon is still devastating and now with T6 he has a better survival rate.

Sounds good, but the enemy unit will challenge out with a champion who gets wasted by the super assassin, they hold on steadfast, then the assassin gets wailed on next turn when he's back to S4 T3. Charge the whole unit in to avoid this ;)

Breath weapons are great, so many uses. Can be used as a combat res multiplier, to thin out hordes, decimate expensive elite infantry like elves, or to threaten avoidance lists that you couldn't catch otherwise.
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Post by Searinox Nagharha »

My apolagies :P I nvr send in a Lone Assassin without support xD
same reason why i dont do it with any lone Char
PLOG - The House of Corvus

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

I found this existing threat about Flame Templates in the DRAICH !

http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=75162