Tuilars the dread bringer ASF ASL

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Fleebo
Trainee Warrior

Tuilars the dread bringer ASF ASL

Post by Fleebo »

Tuilars the dread bringer states he has always strikes first but the weapon has always strikes last , so witch one do you use ?

Also the high elves frost phinoex causes always strikes last does that cancel out always strikes first ?

Thank you ,

Sorry If any of this is not spelled correct I struggle with English
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Tuilars the dread bringer ASF ASL

Post by Daeron »

It's frequent subject of debate, so you might hear differently from someone else. The rules for ASF and ASL state that, in case a model has both rules, neither applies and you just use the model's initiative.

Other popular rulings (and IMO correct):
- The special rules (ASF and ASL) still remain on the model. The frost phoenix does not apply ASL a second time, because the special rules state that a model can not benefit from having the same rule twice. This also means that the Timewarp spell which gives the model ASF, doesn't apply twice and thus doesn't make the model ASF.
- A model with ASF and ASL does not get rerolls to hit against an opponent without ASF and equal or lower initiative.
- A model with ASF (and not ASL) striking a model with both ASF and ASL does get rerolls to hit if it its initiative is higher or equal.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Fleebo
Trainee Warrior

Re: Tuilars the dread bringer ASF ASL

Post by Fleebo »

Thanks for that