3. Thing is 30" shooting
This is my major problem when i facing my HE friend
Most the time we play 2000 or 2400 points
What to do ???
direweasel
Malekith's Personal Guard

Re: Help against High elf

Post by direweasel »

Don't try to outshoot high elves, that's a losing proposition. Where we excel against them is in our speed, and our infantry is superior to theirs.

Army build should focus on pegasus masters, fast cavalry, and our elite infantry. Witches with cauldron are good too, if you can field a ton of them. Even if only 1/3 make it into combat, it's still usually more than enough. :)
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Apocalypse Drow! Plog: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75360
Sangfroid
Executioner

Post by Sangfroid »

1) frost phoneix, peglords and masters preferably with cloak of twilight or blackguard will much thru a frostie in no time, (the latter will take some casualties if you don't kill it quick. Failing that the standard doombolts, and other magic will deal with it eventually.

2) phoneix guard anything that can anvil to the front (preferably sisters as they have a ward save too, and then multi attack models to the flanks or rear or both, witches, blackguard sisters cold ones etc... Blackguard are excellent here as they have eternal hatred, they aren't stubborn so you need loads of wounds thru to get thru their ward save but if you can swing a round by 4 or 5 they should be running like little bitches and getting caught you hope :-)

3) peglord or master into the flank or rear and he will pin them down and slowly munch through while you get something else in to deal the killing blow, doombolts and other magic will kill them.

Don't be frightened of the shooting yes some Druchii will fall but March up close at max speed and charge in, if you can word of pain, miasma, phas protection, iceshard blizzard or net them on the wAy in hen even better.

Try to find a route that keeps you out of multiple Fire arcs if he has smaller units and remember dark riders, locks, pegs in e flank of a archer unit in 2 or 3 ranks should win the combat and he either sticks or reforms either gives you the time to get in and smash him :-)
marcopollo
Assassin

Post by marcopollo »

Get stuck in as fast as you can. Be careful to protect your main combat blocks from excess shooting. Screen them as best as you can. There is a tactica in Druchii on High magic. I suggest you look for it and learn the weaknesses.
Cyperz
Trainee Warrior

Post by Cyperz »

thanks to all the advise i will see if i manage to use them NeXT time