First Dark Elf army 2K

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Zaiga
Slave on the Altar

First Dark Elf army 2K

Post by Zaiga »

I'm new to the Dark Elves as i am originally a Wood Elf player but i don't like the new book so i decided it was time for a change :D and i am looking for you vets to help me build and shape my army into something semi competitive. My list for my first game was

Lord- Sorceress level-4 Talisman of preservation (Dark Magic) which i found to be lack luster

Lord- Dreadlord Sea dragon cloak, Enchanted shield, Sword of ani heroes, Heavy armour and the black amulet

Hero- Master BSB, Heavy armour, Sea dragon cloak, Warbanner, Halberd

Core- 50 Dreadspears Full command

Core- 20 Black arc corsairs Full command, Extra hand weapons, Banner of swiftness

Special- 5 Cold one knights Full command, Gleaming pennant

Special- Cold one chariot

Special- Reaper bolt thrower

Special- Hyrdra Fiery breath

As you can probably tell i started with the Warhost of Naggaroth and built my list around that with a little rep so any improvements and adjustments you guys would make i would love to hear :D
Phierlihy
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: First Dark Elf army 2K

Post by Phierlihy »

Welcome aboard!

Are these all the Dark Elf models you own? Because I'd make some pretty substantial changes if you've got a wider variety.

If you are playing in the End Times, you can make a really tough army mixing your two model ranges.
Proud supporter of druchii.net
phierlihy@druchii.net
Zaiga
Slave on the Altar

Post by Zaiga »

Phierlihy wrote:Welcome aboard!

Are these all the Dark Elf models you own? Because I'd make some pretty substantial changes if you've got a wider variety.

If you are playing in the End Times, you can make a really tough army mixing your two model ranges.

I own all but the Hyrdra and bolt thrower, as i have only just started the army these are all the models i have at the moment. Also we are not playing End Times
Phierlihy
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Phierlihy »

In that case I'd give the Supreme Sorceress a Dispel Scroll or the Ring of Hotek.
You'll want your BSB to be more survivable so don't give him a Warbanner but the Dawnstone and the Ruby Ring of Ruin instead. Start ever magic phase off by throwing a die or two at the ring and blast away his chaff - your opponent will hate making that choice every turn.
The Corsairs aren't that great in combat so I wouldn't give them the Banner of Swiftness (I actually wouldn't give them any banner at all).

Good luck and let us know how you do!
Proud supporter of druchii.net
phierlihy@druchii.net
Zaiga
Slave on the Altar

Post by Zaiga »

I have made some changes i dropped both the chariot and the CoK's for 5 Warlocks, 6 Shades with extra hand weapon and light armour, Dispell scroll and a ruby ring of ruin