Upcoming High Elves game

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

tehnico
Warrior

Upcoming High Elves game

Post by tehnico »

So tonight I have a 1k battle against HE. Normally I run a list heavy in one or two areas, movement & magic normally. This time my list is a balanced one, made for versatility.

PegMaster, BSB, lance, full mundane, CoT.

LVL2, DS, Opal Amulet, Shadow

20 Darkshards w/shields, Musician

18 Executioners, Draich Master, Standard Bearer

5 Doomfire Warlocks

I bunker the Sorceress in the Darkshards. What I'm finding is that my opponents don't know who the chaff is. Everything is a threat at a different stage of the game. And they tend not to change their focus once they've already invested in a game plan. I'm finding that any of the two units really compliment each other very well. And I can focus on two quick kills before I start to sustain plan altering damage.

I have a match against High Elves tonight. A LVL3, SG, Lions, PG, and a Phoenix. The Bird is my priority, and once his movement is reduced, I aught to have my way with him. I'm certain I can draw away and isolate one of his elite infantry units. I have a feeling he'll send the Lions out first unafraid of my bowfire. Killing the bird, and getting to the Lions first would be the end of his game IMO.

Any comments? Advice?
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Re: Upcoming High Elves game

Post by T.D. »

Ruby Ring at 1000points is golden, 'specially against the courageously-challenged ones :P
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame