Masters on chariots?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Lord Foster
Trainee Warrior

Masters on chariots?

Post by Lord Foster »

i was wondering if anyone has tried it and what experience some of you have had.
Shorabora
Trainee Warrior

Re: Masters on chariots?

Post by Shorabora »

I have also been pondering the uses of a master on chariot, I know they won't be as competitive as on a steed but want to build one up so badly
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

I have not tried it in this edition. I did use it back in 6th for Sorceresses, to give them more protection. In this edition, I've never been inclined to try because:
- The chariot makes them easy bait for cannons
- It gives the Master only a 7" march, compared to the 12" vanguard and 18" march of a Dark Steed
- It gives the Master stupidity, and no ability to flee in unfavorable situations
- The cost of the chariot
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Lord Foster
Trainee Warrior

Post by Lord Foster »

thanks for the replies.

I had thought of war machines. that would put pressure on shades and pegmasters to get them off the table.

The stupidity would be helped by staying close to the bsb maybe.

the master has more attacks than the crew so figured mounting the master onto one to increase damage output if it gets caught in close combat
marcopollo
Assassin

Post by marcopollo »

I tried this once with a chaos friend of mine.

Master on chariot with crown of command full mundane and charmed shield. Can't remember what else I had. Failed a long change that put him in harms way of knights. His unit charged mine and then held out until a flank could arrive. At least that was the plan. But he did not last long and bit it after a round or two. He only has two wounds at T3.

Not an efficient use of points.
Lord Foster
Trainee Warrior

Post by Lord Foster »

Bummer. i had the master with full mundane with lance and running up the flank with a bsb on cold one with a bus of cok as a slight distraction for the enemy. Another threat to worry about
marcopollo
Assassin

Post by marcopollo »

Masters mounted on a DS are better value by far. Because movement is such an important part of DE, having so many points tied up in a fragile unit like a chariot is playing with fire.

DS=Peg>coldones>>chariots
Lord Foster
Trainee Warrior

Post by Lord Foster »

i have read a lot of good things about the peg masters. planing on getting one put together. Druchii.net has been a great source of information im trying to construct a 2500 point list centered around cavalry. ive only been at this a couple of months so its pretty much from scratch i dont have much but gotta start somewhere