2400 HOTEK shoot and gimmick list.

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Makiwara
Shade

2400 HOTEK shoot and gimmick list.

Post by Makiwara »

Hey all, I'm thinking of running this list for a garage game or two; just something that is a bit of an evolution on my wood elf run and shoot style with a HOTEK list and something to try out some funny gimmicks with.

Alarielle, Incarnate of Life - 540

Branchwraith x5 - 75 each
All running Undeath

Lothern Sea Helm - 179
BSB BOTWD bow

12 Glade Guard w/ Trueflight x3 - 200 each

25 Shades w/ GW, full command, banner of eternal flame - 490

3x Bolt Throwers - 70 each

2,394 total

The general idea is to put the characters in with the Shades, giving them the broke banner funs, Alarielle's regen and ward save for magical attacks and the ability to accept charges and change ranks with the Sea Helm.

The twigstar will pretty much all use the default Undeath spell to summon chaff, although the warmachine spell might come in handy for a catapult, or Spirit Hosts if I get that one. Could also clear a chaff unit I suppose or send out solo branchwraiths for speedbumps and mollywhomping a scroll caddy or two.

The GG do their usual backfield fun time and the Bolt Throwers are for armour and monsters that I can't Dwellers off with Alarielle, who gets protection from miscasts via the BoTWD and shouldn't see to much in the way of combat thanks to the Sea Helm.

Everything except the Branchwraiths are shooting, the Shades can shoot off regen critters and the GW should be a half decent deterrent I hope.

Keep everything close together to benefit from the Regen bubble and summon as much chaff as I can with undead to get in the way and make sure nothing gets in to combat.

Any thoughts?
For us, there is no longer the druchii, the asur and the asrai; now there are only the Asdra; The Laughing Ones.

For us The Season of Doom is ended, now The Season of Opportunity is begun.