Logo
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:01 pm



Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
LvL 2 with Arabyan Carpet? Against Chaos. 
Author Message
Trainee Warrior

Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 3:37 pm
Posts: 28
Okay so against a Chaos army I frequently play i'm thinking of adding another wizard of a level 2 metal with Arabyan Carpet (fly although she cannot join units)
Combined with 2 units of Brolocks and a level 4 shadow or death which I always run.
Lore of metal is just to good to pass up against 2 units of knights and units with chaos armour, shields etc

She fly's up close behind dark riders and then flys out of charge arcs and just spams searing doom every turn until it kills something. The way I see it is she does a lot for her points worth and if he does decide to try and target her he'll be ignoring the rest of my army. Has anyone had any experience with this against a non shooting army.


Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:39 am
Profile
Corsair

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 10:45 pm
Posts: 82
Tactical Dark ELf wrote:
Okay so against a Chaos army I frequently play i'm thinking of adding another wizard of a level 2 metal with Arabyan Carpet (fly although she cannot join units)
Combined with 2 units of Brolocks and a level 4 shadow or death which I always run.
Lore of metal is just to good to pass up against 2 units of knights and units with chaos armour, shields etc

She fly's up close behind dark riders and then flys out of charge arcs and just spams searing doom every turn until it kills something. The way I see it is she does a lot for her points worth and if he does decide to try and target her he'll be ignoring the rest of my army. Has anyone had any experience with this against a non shooting army.


Use a Dark Pegasus instead. Youll give her +1T and Life and opening the possibility to even charge melee weak things (e.g. flanks of marauder horse men).


Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:45 am
Profile
Trainee Warrior

Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 3:37 pm
Posts: 28
Cihan wrote:
Tactical Dark ELf wrote:
Okay so against a Chaos army I frequently play i'm thinking of adding another wizard of a level 2 metal with Arabyan Carpet (fly although she cannot join units)
Combined with 2 units of Brolocks and a level 4 shadow or death which I always run.
Lore of metal is just to good to pass up against 2 units of knights and units with chaos armour, shields etc

She fly's up close behind dark riders and then flys out of charge arcs and just spams searing doom every turn until it kills something. The way I see it is she does a lot for her points worth and if he does decide to try and target her he'll be ignoring the rest of my army. Has anyone had any experience with this against a non shooting army.


Use a Dark Pegasus instead. Youll give her +1T and Life and opening the possibility to even charge melee weak things (e.g. flanks of marauder horse men).


He doesn't have any marauder horsemen or much in the way of chaff, only two units of warhounds that get taken out by dark rider shooting. Everything else will beat a Dark Pegasus in combat


Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:16 am
Profile
Warrior
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:48 pm
Posts: 58
However as mentioned she'll get +1 T and +1 wound as monstrous cavalry, also you can give her the cloak of twilight or a conventional ward save in addition to the flying ability.


Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:41 pm
Profile
Assassin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:44 pm
Posts: 570
Location: The thin edge of the wedge
There is no reason to take the Arabian carpet with anyone but an assassin as you get the same effect, with a dark pegasus and you get +1 T and +1 wound.

The Arabian assassin build is also sub optimal because he is very very fragile.


Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:53 pm
Profile
Trainee Warrior

Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 3:37 pm
Posts: 28
marcopollo wrote:
There is no reason to take the Arabian carpet with anyone but an assassin as you get the same effect, with a dark pegasus and you get +1 T and +1 wound.

The Arabian assassin build is also sub optimal because he is very very fragile.

Okay thanks, the only problem is getting a pegagus, other than Morathi model
i've seen a marauder horseman converted using wings and it looked okay.


Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:41 pm
Profile
Malekith's Personal Guard
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:58 pm
Posts: 920
Location: Terre Haute, IN, USA
There are TONS of conversions for dark pegasi around here, look in the modelling section and you will find them. Also eBay is your friend, there are often pegasi on there as well.

_________________
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Apocalypse Drow! Plog: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75360


Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:43 pm
Profile
Assassin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:44 pm
Posts: 570
Location: The thin edge of the wedge
I use peg knights from the bretonian model set and put cold one knights on them (or just paint the bret knights in a dark elfish manner).


Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:34 pm
Profile
Malekith's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:19 am
Posts: 2088
Save points at stick her on a horse. She can hide pretty easily, if you lose her you probably don't care, and she can get a Look Out, Sir roll from stuff around her (or join units as needed).

_________________
Proud supporter of druchii.net
phierlihy@druchii.net


Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:05 pm
Profile
Corsair
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:10 pm
Posts: 76
Location: Denmark - Aalborg
marcopollo wrote:
I use peg knights from the bretonian model set and put cold one knights on them (or just paint the bret knights in a dark elfish manner).


I bought the CoK Chariot, and there was 2 extra horses with that packet.. And they make some nice pegasus models

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z140/xPraetorianx/Warhammer/IMG_1914_zps4e6dc157.jpg

_________________
Walk in the light and live not in fear. For We are brothers, our blood ligates us and holds us to our deeds.

Pictures of my little dark elves army: http://s195.photobucket.com/user/xPraet ... /Warhammer


Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:42 pm
Profile
Trainee Warrior

Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 3:37 pm
Posts: 28
Praetorian1979 wrote:
marcopollo wrote:
I use peg knights from the bretonian model set and put cold one knights on them (or just paint the bret knights in a dark elfish manner).


I bought the CoK Chariot, and there was 2 extra horses with that packet.. And they make some nice pegasus models

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z140/xPraetorianx/Warhammer/IMG_1914_zps4e6dc157.jpg

That looks amazing, best conversion i've seen so far! If you don't mind me asking where did you get the wings from and the guy on top looks like he's from the high elf lord pack?
Surely there must be single horses you can buy that are cheaper than buying the entire chariot model? Just like how you can buy a single cold one knight.


Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:30 pm
Profile
Malekith's Personal Guard

Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:13 am
Posts: 971
He made a Cold One Chariot, leaving him the horses used for the Scourgerunner Chariot for his conversions.


Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:45 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software