LvL 2 with Arabyan Carpet? Against Chaos.

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Tactical Dark ELf
Trainee Warrior

LvL 2 with Arabyan Carpet? Against Chaos.

Post by Tactical Dark ELf »

Okay so against a Chaos army I frequently play i'm thinking of adding another wizard of a level 2 metal with Arabyan Carpet (fly although she cannot join units)
Combined with 2 units of Brolocks and a level 4 shadow or death which I always run.
Lore of metal is just to good to pass up against 2 units of knights and units with chaos armour, shields etc

She fly's up close behind dark riders and then flys out of charge arcs and just spams searing doom every turn until it kills something. The way I see it is she does a lot for her points worth and if he does decide to try and target her he'll be ignoring the rest of my army. Has anyone had any experience with this against a non shooting army.
Cihan
Corsair

Re: LvL 2 with Arabyan Carpet? Against Chaos.

Post by Cihan »

Tactical Dark ELf wrote:Okay so against a Chaos army I frequently play i'm thinking of adding another wizard of a level 2 metal with Arabyan Carpet (fly although she cannot join units)
Combined with 2 units of Brolocks and a level 4 shadow or death which I always run.
Lore of metal is just to good to pass up against 2 units of knights and units with chaos armour, shields etc

She fly's up close behind dark riders and then flys out of charge arcs and just spams searing doom every turn until it kills something. The way I see it is she does a lot for her points worth and if he does decide to try and target her he'll be ignoring the rest of my army. Has anyone had any experience with this against a non shooting army.

Use a Dark Pegasus instead. Youll give her +1T and Life and opening the possibility to even charge melee weak things (e.g. flanks of marauder horse men).
Tactical Dark ELf
Trainee Warrior

Cihan wrote:
Tactical Dark ELf wrote:Okay so against a Chaos army I frequently play i'm thinking of adding another wizard of a level 2 metal with Arabyan Carpet (fly although she cannot join units)

Use a Dark Pegasus instead. Youll give her +1T and Life and opening the possibility to even charge melee weak things (e.g. flanks of marauder horse men).

He doesn't have any marauder horsemen or much in the way of chaff, only two units of warhounds that get taken out by dark rider shooting. Everything else will beat a Dark Pegasus in combat
Mordrin Spiteblade
Warrior

Post by Mordrin Spiteblade »

However as mentioned she'll get +1 T and +1 wound as monstrous cavalry, also you can give her the cloak of twilight or a conventional ward save in addition to the flying ability.
marcopollo
Assassin

Post by marcopollo »

There is no reason to take the Arabian carpet with anyone but an assassin as you get the same effect, with a dark pegasus and you get +1 T and +1 wound.

The Arabian assassin build is also sub optimal because he is very very fragile.
Tactical Dark ELf
Trainee Warrior

marcopollo wrote:There is no reason to take the Arabian carpet with anyone but an assassin as you get the same effect, with a dark pegasus and you get +1 T and +1 wound.

The Arabian assassin build is also sub optimal because he is very very fragile.

Okay thanks, the only problem is getting a pegagus, other than Morathi model
i've seen a marauder horseman converted using wings and it looked okay.
direweasel
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by direweasel »

There are TONS of conversions for dark pegasi around here, look in the modelling section and you will find them. Also eBay is your friend, there are often pegasi on there as well.
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Apocalypse Drow! Plog: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75360
marcopollo
Assassin

Post by marcopollo »

I use peg knights from the bretonian model set and put cold one knights on them (or just paint the bret knights in a dark elfish manner).
Phierlihy
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Phierlihy »

Save points at stick her on a horse. She can hide pretty easily, if you lose her you probably don't care, and she can get a Look Out, Sir roll from stuff around her (or join units as needed).
Proud supporter of druchii.net
phierlihy@druchii.net
Praetorian1979
Corsair

Post by Praetorian1979 »

marcopollo wrote:I use peg knights from the bretonian model set and put cold one knights on them (or just paint the bret knights in a dark elfish manner).

I bought the CoK Chariot, and there was 2 extra horses with that packet.. And they make some nice pegasus models

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z140/xPraetorianx/Warhammer/IMG_1914_zps4e6dc157.jpg
Walk in the light and live not in fear. For We are brothers, our blood ligates us and holds us to our deeds.

Pictures of my little dark elves army: http://s195.photobucket.com/user/xPraet ... /Warhammer
Tactical Dark ELf
Trainee Warrior

Praetorian1979 wrote:
marcopollo wrote:I use peg knights from the bretonian model set and put cold one knights on them (or just paint the bret knights in a dark elfish manner).

I bought the CoK Chariot, and there was 2 extra horses with that packet.. And they make some nice pegasus models

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z140/xPraetorianx/Warhammer/IMG_1914_zps4e6dc157.jpg

That looks amazing, best conversion i've seen so far! If you don't mind me asking where did you get the wings from and the guy on top looks like he's from the high elf lord pack?
Surely there must be single horses you can buy that are cheaper than buying the entire chariot model? Just like how you can buy a single cold one knight.
Vulcan
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Vulcan »

He made a Cold One Chariot, leaving him the horses used for the Scourgerunner Chariot for his conversions.