Dreadlord built vs DOC and WOC

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Cicciuz
Warrior

Dreadlord built vs DOC and WOC

Post by Cicciuz »

I am thinking about a built for a dreadlord against daemon. I usually don't field a dreadlord so i need a bit of input I thought about 3 built:
Built 1
pegasus black amulet sword of anti heroes charmed shield

very quick and get to the daemon prince soon. guarantee 5 attackes at s5 and can pass wounds over to PD or other lords

Built 2
pegasus COT sword of anti heroes

quick and get to DP soon. 5A S5 that causes d3, might kill in one round! if he doesn't it will likely be killed in one as no WS

Built 3
dark steed TOP dawnstone ogre blade

quicker than ever but can not charge on round 1. very defensive but only 4 attacks. need a unit to be in.
Phierlihy
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Dreadlord built vs DOC and WOC

Post by Phierlihy »

If you want a character to challenge out Great Demons, you'll want a Dreadlord with the Black Amulet, Other Tricksters Shard, and a weapon of choice. If you want to grind someone out, a Dreadlord with the Armor of Destiny, Dawnstone, and Great Weapon mounted on a Cold One has worked very well for me.
Proud supporter of druchii.net
phierlihy@druchii.net
Cicciuz
Warrior

Post by Cicciuz »

and for daemons most in general? the DP might be dead with the RBT or banishment before i get to him :)
Phierlihy
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Phierlihy »

I prefer the durable build. Every attack they make on your Dreadlord is pretty much wasted so that's combat resolution in your favor.
Proud supporter of druchii.net
phierlihy@druchii.net