Skavens 1800 points

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Dreactor92
Slave on the Altar

Skavens 1800 points

Post by Dreactor92 »

Hi fellow Druchii !

I'm having a game in 3 weeks with a new opponent, a Skaven player. I have never played against this army. I have to admit I kinda fear playing them for my best friend's chaos army got destroyed in 4 turns.

Would you have tips of how to deal with these Rats ?

My future opponent likes to play with a road, a canon, and as much abominations as possible, that is what sank my chaotic friend.

I was thinking in a Two Towers list, haven't fixed it completely yet though, will post it when finished...

Thanks, may the Dark Mothers Blessing be on you !
Vulcan
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Skavens 1800 points

Post by Vulcan »

Skaven live and die by their rares and their magic. Neutralize that and they will lose to everyone.

So. Target their bunkers as fast as possible. Kill the cannon with standard anti-war machine tactics. Nothing they have is all that heavily protected, so Witches go through them like a scythe through wheat. Corsairs do fairly well too; what they lack (next to Witches) in offense they make up for with a 4++ save.

Disrupt their ranks as much as possible as well. Their special leadership rule gives them a bonus to their leadership based on the combat bonus due to ranks. Disrupted units get no combat bonus from ranks, so...

A-bombs die pretty easy to a Witch unit with a flaming banner. Likewise, Fire magic (metal won't do much good against Skaven most of the time) also works well. Alternatively, a unit of Darkshards with the flaming banner do a wound to the A-bomb... allowing the bolt throwers to finish it off.
Dreactor92
Slave on the Altar

Post by Dreactor92 »

Hi Vulcan, thanks.

So shall I get like a hord of witches with Caldron and flame banner and go straight through the army ? I had actually thought about a big exec unit with CoB but witches seem a better alternative to it according to you.

Then pretty much normal list, like this :

Supreme Sorceress (185, fire core) on a pegasus (50), talisman of preservation (45, gives a 4++ save) total : 280

Death Hag BSB (110) flame banner (10) CoB (190) : 210

2x5 Dark Riders shields RxB Musician : 220

24 Witches Full Command : 294

20 Executors Full Command, Banner of Rapidity : 295

Cold One Chariot : 115

2x RxB : 140

2x5 Warlocks : 250

Total of the army : 1799

C&C ?
DarkSky
Corsair

Post by DarkSky »

Dreactor92 wrote:Hi Vulcan, thanks.

Death Hag BSB (110) flame banner (10) CoB (190) : 210

Little mistake here. The Hag you describe costs 310.
Banner of Rapidity? You mean swiftness? I never played versus Skaven and have my first match this Saturday as well, but I dropped the Executioners alltogether, but I can only tell after the match if that was a good plan.
My Blog containing battle reports and painting updates: https://bleaklegion.wordpress.com