Cauldron of Blood

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Lodoss1980
Slave (off the Altar)

Cauldron of Blood

Post by Lodoss1980 »

I have been playing with the CoB with a BSB Death Hag on it for a while now in a horde of witches.

However we keep having some unclarity on the exact rules:
- How does shooting on the CoB work? Can you target the Hag or do you have to randomize and so yes how?
- In close combat I assume you can target the Hag directly on its own stats? Doe the CoB provide any stats boosts in that case (like As)?

Probably posted somewhere already but I couldn't find :(

Thanks in advance!
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Cauldron of Blood

Post by Daeron »

You can find the rules in the BRB pg 105, "chariot mount" and onwards.
In short:
- Shooting is distributed as shooting attacks on the unit. You can not target the COB individually.
- Templates hit both COB and Hag
- In close combat, the Hag can be targeted specifically and she gets a 6+ Armour Save from being mounted (on a chariot).
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Lodoss1980
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Lodoss1980 »

Thanks for the quick reply.
However in that part of the rulebook is stated that a chariot can not join another unit.

1. It sounds like me that because of this you should be able to target the cauldron and randomise
2. Next to the hag it has two other riders. Do you need to randomise on them as well?
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Yeah it's a little confusing. The riders count as crew of the chariot, and therefor can not be targetted specifically. The randomizing rule comes from the rules for characters joining a unit, which a COB can do as its rules specify and the specific rule from the AB trumps the general rule from the big rulebook.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze