Dark Elf Revision article in White Dwarf.

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Paul sawyer
Mr White Dwarf

Post by Paul sawyer »

This article is being produced for the UK edition but will be made available to other editions t use as they see fit. As a result you may or may not see it in your local copy.

Oh, and Tale of 4 Gamers was *very* popular but was a biatch to manage. It will return in the not too distant future though.
Paul Sawyer
Editor, White Dwarf UK
Banan
Assassin

Post by Banan »

wow this is cool paul sawyer is among us. and a battle report in wd 287 that is awesome. anyway welcome
High and mighty alone we are kings
Whirlwinds of fire we ride
Providence brought us the crown and the ring
Covered with blood and our pride
Danceman
The Devil in Pale Moonlight

Post by Danceman »

*jumps up and dances till he fall... then start dancing again!* just a few months left then :D
"Dying is for fools." - Charlie Sheen
Furion
High Sorcerer

Post by Furion »

How was it hard to manage 4 guys playing games? What am I missing? It would seem to me that fitting it into White Dwarf would be the real problem.
Putting the FUN back into fundamentalism since 1998
Rythian
Warrior

Post by Rythian »

This is excellent news
Lord alectro
The Dark Noble

Post by Lord alectro »

Hi there Paul! :D
DE vs He wow-and the new rules-double wow
Let's see who wins now?! :twisted: :twisted:
(BTW good thing i am a suscriber)
As your flesh swiftly aches
Pleasure in each thought rages
Unleash your dark side, give it control
The one that lies inside one and all
Succumb fully to its appeal
Let your fantasies become real!

The Slaanesh Cenobites Warcry
Aachil lathanast
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Aachil lathanast »

Although I read most of the White Dwarves I´ll make sure I don´t miss the most important issue. The upstrats of Ulthan thought that we were a constant threat to their way of life, but now their worst nightmares are about to come to life.
The unseen
Cold One Knight

Post by The unseen »

That's great, I'll recall my Assassin's from the White Dwarf editor's office...
"One stroke of an assassin's blade can have a greater effect than any army."
--Sun Tzu

"That Which Doesn't Kill Us, Maims Us Horribly."
Y'gael
Corsair

I never miss an issue!

Post by Y'gael »

Although I haven't missed a White Dwarf since I got immersed in this Hobby, when WH40k V3.0 came out, I must say I am looking forward to these future issues with great relish (as opposed to sweetcorn).

This sort of news really inspires me and I now feel quite keen to get home this weekend and finish the basing of the rest of my Druchii host - that is unless my good lady (hereby referred to as "She who demands eternal servitude") wants me to finish applying varnish to my upstairs doors :(

Thanks for the info and here's hoping that the game is a good advert for both the Asur and we Druchii, as there seems to be a lot of Elf bashing on other forums at the moment - for once though targetted mainly at our foppish kin and their needless whimpering claims for a revision.

... Y'Gael.
... "Ulthuan shall never fall!" - wanna bet ?
The sky is always darkest ... just before it turns pitch black.
Saithis
Highborn

Post by Saithis »

great news... could be my first WD after the june 2001 :roll:

:twisted: so finally my army is on the way to ulthuan, let's rock ;)
At last, we will have revenge...
Scorpioni
Cold One Knight

Post by Scorpioni »

haha
nice on
you are serious right :lol: :lol: :lol:
Let your blades drink deep, my fellow executioners!
Jargobae
Terror of the South

Post by Jargobae »

This article is being produced for the UK edition but will be made available to other editions t use as they see fit. As a result you may or may not see it in your local copy.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

plz plz plz plz plz come to Australia
Do you hate Malekith?

Are you interested in seeing the overthrow of his incompetence to be replaced by a system capable of taking Ulthuan back??

Join the spirit of Lakulei today - PM me now!
Darkspear
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Darkspear »

All rite cool. I have been thrashing a lot of high elves already...now i can kill them even more easily. But do u people know that they r going to redo their army too.... they have made some proposals!
In my land, everyone calls me the darkspear. The most famous spearmen commander of all.
Lord cor
Corsair

Post by Lord cor »

darkspear wrote:All rite cool. I have been thrashing a lot of high elves already...now i can kill them even more easily. But do u people know that they r going to redo their army too.... they have made some proposals!

I hope not I think its to cheesy already.
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Thank you Khaine

Post by Rasputinii »

yes, well this makes life easier.

P.S. Great site!
Pleased to be back
/\\//\
Hunter Of The Night

Post by /\\//\ »

Does this mean it will become official when it is printed in White Dwarf or when it is printed in the Annual?
Furion
High Sorcerer

Post by Furion »

Yes, that's why it's being printed in WD. So it's good news.
Putting the FUN back into fundamentalism since 1998
Lord happyslave
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: Supporting for Kim Clijsters, world's best tennisplayster

Post by Lord happyslave »

@ Paul Swayer: you should go to the Painting an dmoddeling site.
Someone has createdsome models of Gav Thorpe showing off against some women. !lol! You might want to see it.

Oh, yeah, thx, m8s, thx for everything.
I'll sacrifice one of my pets for you, DA and PS.
No, my brother, even better :twisted:
Salvation will arrive

on the second of februari

The release of Halo 2
Iraduur nightfrost
Noble

Post by Iraduur nightfrost »

Can't wait to lay my finger on that issue! And should the article not appear in the german edition, i think i will get me one by the british Mailorder :D
Behold the might of the witchking!
Mime
Black Guard

Post by Mime »

Great news but alas all sadly to late :cry: . The NZ GT is in October, allowing for the useual 4-6 weeks delay on the arrival of anything bright and shiney to these shores I have NO chance of being able to field a Revision force :x

Spaeaking of which better get back to painting :mrgreen:
Whip me, beat me, bash me, crash me, throw me against the wall, oh ah baby I love it when you treat me rough!!!
Ranieth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ranieth »

Cool!! Any idea which issue??
Lord happyslave
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: Supporting for Kim Clijsters, world's best tennisplayster

Post by Lord happyslave »

Dark Alliance wrote: The article will also include photographs of a yet to be confirmed gamers army!

I presume that'll be Lion of Flanders' army. This has probably been said before, but I mostly reply immediately when I see something I want to reply on w/out reading any further.
I know, bad habit... :)

Wonder wheter the DE player in that famous Battle Report used the MSU/MSE tactics.

Who'll actually win?
If HE win, it'll be kinda rediculous because they've just made some serious changes
If DE win, ppl'll say that w/ the revision De'll be overpowered, because "Hello, they've beated the HE"
Yes, you can quite espect the comments to be rising again on the WG forums that the Druchii are overpowered, and that they didn't need the ruleschanges, etc etc :roll: :)
Salvation will arrive

on the second of februari

The release of Halo 2
/\\//\
Hunter Of The Night

Post by /\\//\ »

I would say if the Dark Elves score a comfortable win then it will just reinforce High Elf players desires for their own revision.
Lord cor
Corsair

Post by Lord cor »

/\\// wrote:I would say if the Dark Elves score a comfortable win then it will just reinforce High Elf players desires for their own revision.

I strangely enough would support a revision for the high elves. Unfortunately my revision would not make them more powerful but instead de-cheese them.

Anyway souping them up, in my view, would be a grave error. But probably in the final analysis a transient one.

Specifically I would take away silverhelms and their bolt throwers. The have the best magic in the game (any of the regular lists PLUS their own specialized list) the best infantry (swordmasters), improved standard infantry (spearmen defend charges three ranks and charge in two) They dont also need superior cav and artillery as well.

That is just my opinion.

I also think there are statistics (I am referring to the Albion campeign) which showed the DE armys seemed to perform poorly. They scored a 46% victory to loss ratio. Usually when a new army book comes out the new list has an advantage. As it turns out with Albion the reverse was true, the new DE book was out but the DE did poorly anyway.* The HE performance in that campeign was the exact opposite their book was NOT out yet they performed a 55% victory to loss ratio.

*the DE managed to win the Albion campeign anyway. The reason was that gross number of victorys was used to calculate the winner. And simply because there were more DE players out there they played so many more games even though they lost more often they still stacked the greatist number of victorys.

I believe the results of Albion was a large influence which I believe helped GW to consider the change. I think Albion statistics would discourage a High Elf change.

But in the long run who knows, anything is possible. I have learned to never underestimate anyones capacity to act stupidly.

(Speculation)
In any case I think we are two to three years out of the new edition of Warhammer. So any more changes, with other books in the works, and necessary lead time, will definately be in the 11th hour. If the HE are improved it will be a year away at least.

Hopefully in the new edition some of the glaring errors like the overpowered sSkaven and the specific error of the blood dragon type of vampire will be fixed. The HE, I expect will not. But an improvement of the HE along the lines of what you are describing, will further overpower their overpowered list. I suspect this would cause GW to at least go back to the book as it is currently in the next edition.
Scorpioni
Cold One Knight

Post by Scorpioni »

Greetings happy slave
snifsnif a country member
"oh dierbaar belgie oh heilig land der vaderen..." ;)
Let your blades drink deep, my fellow executioners!