What is the best Dark Elves unit

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Evilzealot
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Evilzealot »

This is really a matter of preference. Our best unit would probably be Dark Riders. They are the fastest Fast Cavalry, with decent armor, a great LD, and they are core. I'm a huge fan of our corsairs, another bargain for our core choices. Our rare RBTs are another one of our better units, 6 Str 4 shots that hit on 3's (usually) is very deadly.
Shadowkiller venomblade
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Shadowkiller venomblade »

I personaly love CoK, such armor, fear and 9 LD for stupidty.

They have NEVER fail to do there job. dr and corsairs never let me down either :shock:
Druchii asassins are the most silent, most accurate and above all deadly, and I am thier master.

Shadowkiller Venomblade, Urian Poisonblade`s master
Quota
Beastmaster

Post by Quota »

Highborn on a dragon !

Just kidding :P

I'd have to vote for the Dark Riders too.
the only good undead is a dead, uhm, undead...
Liquidoloco
Dark Rider

Post by Liquidoloco »

Havn't been able to play 6th edition DE yet (painting up and converting a new army here but I'm getting there) my view has to be one of technical points only just so you know.

The things I have seen when painting up scenarios and played them out on paper and in data simulations (OK computer guy here :P ) shows that movement and mobility is often more important then raw hitting power.

More then half of a battle is to move yourself in position and find a way to weaken and shake your enemy before you put the final nail into their coffins.

So what does that leave us with on the DE side?

Dark Riders of course, not the best unit strength in the book so they always have to play the supportive role for melee and always get those flank and rear chargers. But being fast cavalry with a M9 and rxb's they can do a lot of stuff while keeping away from the enemy and stay open for that chance of flank charging (or if the opponent leaves himself open a nice rear charge but don't count on it).

So for versitality alone the point goes to the Dark Riders, they will not win a battle on their own but are probably one of the best support units that exists in the Warhammer World.

But remember we also have another great unit, the Harpies. They are excellent at maing spellcasters and warmachines feel threatened and if moved and positioned right they can stay ut of a charge AND make sure no march moves is made by the opponent in the 2nd turn of the battle (maybe even in the 1st turn if you're lucky). These ladies sure can take away one of those things that decimate our troops all so quickly, not as versitile as our Dark Riders but if played right they make your opponent twitch when they note that they cannot charge them nor shoot at them in any given round :twisted: . Still the ladies are not Core so they loose some ground here, and the Dark Riders gain one so my points and kudos goes to my fast cavalry with the harpies at a close second.

You might think I have forgotten about Reapers here :) , but havn't I love them but they are not as versitile and have the same mobility as either the harpies or dark riders so I have to put them in a close third place (since they are a lot more dependant on how the terrain is placed then for the other two units, and people know how to take them out since they are a bit immobile)

Well that is my $0.02 :)

-Rob
Alith anar
Shadowking

Post by Alith anar »

I say the entire army is the best 'unit', simply because a well played Druchii force is so much stronger than the sum of its parts.
Regards, A.A.

"Epic Krueger the Mousefrightened was a trap, to see whether we'd generalize. Lose faith. Whine. Die inside.

And when the light seemed darkest... we get the visual equivalent of the opening lick from Thunderstruck."
Stormblade
Warrior

Post by Stormblade »

Excluding the RBTs, it'll definitely be the DRs. They are core and they can flank and they can take out war machine. Wat more do u need? :)
Mornar shethurith
Malekith's Speechwriter
Location: Probably throwing electronics around the room in frustration.

Post by Mornar shethurith »

I would say either RBTs or DRs. RBTs harassing people can result in lots of anger and fun!
"Life is just getting ready to stay dead for a long time."
--Addie Bundren, As I Lay Dying
Black hydra
The Warlord

Post by Black hydra »

Dark Riders all the way! :twisted:

They are good if used right but are basically worth there weight in dog-doo if they are used wrong.

Other choices might be the infamous Reapers, Corsairs or the newly revised warriors. Heck they are the same points as an empire spearmen for +1WS +1BS +1M +2I +1Ld!!! C'mon thats a good deal any way you look at it.
There once was a High Elf named Bill
He went out and fought with all his will
Along came the hydra
and fried Bill with fire
And that was the end of poor Bill.
----
Try out the Warlord at http://www.druchii.net/tbf/Warlord_v1.00.zip
Dark ben
Warrior

Post by Dark ben »

I would say, Dark Riders and Reaver Bolt Throwers, why? Those are the most versatile unit you will find in our list, thay have there uses against any army.

Ben
Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Ethraelur
Corsair

Post by Ethraelur »

COKs, +2 S on the Charge, Fear, 2+ sv, 9 LD for Stupidity tests, and the mount's attack really add up.
If you give a man a fire, he's warm for a day, but if you set him on fire, he's warm for the rest of his life.

You don't have to click on this, but it will help if you do:
http://www.kingsofchaos.com/recruit.php?uniqid=n89x85je
Skaven_micester
Shade

Post by Skaven_micester »

I would have to say Coks are the best and sacriest followed up darkriders in a close second. this is from the prospective of facing them of course but that could be the best prospective.
The plague is out there...
The swarm is coming...
And all around is death!
Harlequinn
Highborn

Post by Harlequinn »

It depends on the opponent. COK's are pretty cool, and I almost always play with them, but I really like Witch Elves as well. Can't beat 3 poisoned attacks per model.
- Mr. Gideon....You're not paying attention.