What´s your theme?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Rhebb
Executioner

What´s your theme?

Post by Rhebb »

Yello! I just wonder what´s your army theme, if you have one?
Do you have any fluff? Do you paint them in a special way like putting wolf hides on their shoulders or something?
I´m building a magic/shooting army myself. I haven´t made any fluff yet but soon I will make something up.
"Quick, neat and ruthless!"
Sinrake
Warrior

Post by Sinrake »

dont have theme yet; i'm trying to boost my painting skills up. and then i might consider a theme
stand up for what you believe in , even if it means standing alone
Ranieth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ranieth »

Well, my theme is, that no units very loyal to the Weakling king can be in my army. Which means Black Guards. My character himself, Ranieth Bloodheart, chief executioner of the spirit of Lakulei, trains my Executioners. And I do have a background story for my army.
Raldur drach'nyen
Cold One Knight

Post by Raldur drach'nyen »

I dont have a theme as of yet, i need to get more untis into my army before i add a theme to it.
~Immortally Insane~
For war is thy religion and carnage is an act of faith.
Zentaricai
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zentaricai »

I have a mostly Pewter-Like theme with scatterings of color...

:lol:
DON'T MONKEY WITH MY BUSINESS
Dragonkin
Highborn

Post by Dragonkin »

My Dark Elves branched off from Naggaroth when they got stranded near a desert in Cathay around the beginning of the War of the Beard. They see Malekith as weak, and a fool, but are content with merely avoiding the Druchii of Naggaroth when possible.

For more info, check this thread: http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=6199
Dragonkin
--
If right is wrong, then what's left must be right

New Dragon Isle - http://dragonisle.drunok.org
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

My current theme is for the vanguard of an army. As such, it is primarily composed of dark riders, the fast nasty guys, as well as some shades and harpies that would also be part of the initial attacks and raids. Since its a vanguard, it also boasts being led by the big nasty highborn on dragon (who actually got killed today by a Lord of Change, but hey, no one is perfect ;) ) as well as supported by a couple sorcs. Also, to help punch the hole in fortifications as well as troopers are the bolt throwers who have their own cart to get around (albeit the current cart is rather small :roll: but it stays in theme! ;) ).
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Auric stormcloud
The Black Serpent

Post by Auric stormcloud »

Not much of theme in my army, though the general's from Clar Karond (thus having his own black ark, Khaine's Bloodied Gauntlet.). General color scheme is black with some red.
Poo-tee-weet?
Danceman
The Devil in Pale Moonlight

Post by Danceman »

my theme is Dark forest elves... which basicly means an autumn colour scheme with leafes and sheit... its in the progress now but who knows when i´ll finish it.
"Dying is for fools." - Charlie Sheen
Vice
Highborn

Post by Vice »

My Dark elves were outcasted a long time ago and landed on a large island in the middle of nowhere. There were similar islands around and the lands were very magical. There were 5 Main islands, a tropical island where my DE live, a Wasteland where one of the VC vampires lives waiting to conquer the other islands for magical domination, the island of the plague where Skaven live under ground, and Island that is always snowing and consists of Coniferous (sp?) trees and mountains where my WE reside, and the 5th Island that is in the center of all this that floats above the sea that all the races fight for. It is constantly changing ownership.

Thats a very breif description for about 10 years of gaming in the same story. I need to add fluff for my Lizzies. I was thinking underground lizzies, but that just doesnt seem right. I still can't think of a theme that doesnt sound too generic
Maldor
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Maldor »

The Blood Crusaders of Khaine, who by Khaine's divine will shall carve each of the thousand runes of Khaine unto the earth, dyed red with the blood of friend and foe alike, whoever's in their path.
Lock up your children, shut all windows tight.
The Witch Elves are hunting for victims tonight.
When old hags do knock at your door, you must hide,
Your death is the gift sought by Khaine's pretty brides.
Friedmalekith
The Dark Prince

Post by Friedmalekith »

Slaanesh Elves, pretty obvious :lol:

www.pbase.com/galdhur/slaanesh_elves_army

Cheers!
FriedMalekith, Lord of Purple
Evilzealot
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Evilzealot »

The army I'm working on is the personal army of Beast Lord Keldrin Zal'bazzin, from just across the Sea of Chill in the sparse forest known by the Druchii as the Shadowlands. Lord Keldrin used to be a noble who commanded a small force for various successful raiding attempts on the homeland of the High Elves. Malekith noticed his success on these raids and granted him a small dark forest near Karond Kar, known as the Shadowlands. The area was infested with beasts, all things scaled and winged could be found in this area, and the nearby seas had beasts of unimaginable horrors. Over a few years Keldrin cleared the land, taming the beasts that could be tamed, slaying those that couldn't. A large vicious breed of Cold Ones lives in the Shadowlands, and a group of Keldrin's finest warriors now ride these into battle. The Sea Dragons could not be tamed, however they still serve lord Keldrin's cause; the beastmaster's proficiency with hunting has resulted in an abundance of Sea Dragon Cloaks. Craeduril Ra’kar, the lead beastmaster of the city, has tamed a manticore and helped Lord Keldrin convince a large Black dragon to aid their cause in battle. When the beastmaster is not busy he enters the wilderness to tame more beasts. The land is still wild and uncontrolled, but the fortress of Lord Keldrin is now complete, built quickly using the nearby beasts for the moving of heavy stones. Keldrin's old black ark still floats nearby, an army of corsairs and a small detachment of dark riders ready to move at a moments notice, although the reaper bolt throwers have been moved onto the towers of the fortress and the spare room is used to transport large monsters.

Za'ell Kel`druk, Prince of the Shadowlands is rising in power fast, under the unforgiving gaze of Lord Keldrin. Za'ell was a wealthy noble that has wedded Keldrin's daughter, in a hope to marry into power. Keldrin does know about Za'ell's lack of honesty but the marriage unites all of the Shadowlands and, if Keldrin continues to have any say in the matter, then Za'ell will be too busy raiding, commanding small forces, or unwillingly assisting in Lord Keldrin's personal battles. Keldrin believes he will remain in his seat of power until he is too old and gray to fight in battle, and his own black dragon destroys him (Za'ell would have no chance against the dragon, and even if he brought a small force to combat it, he knows it would kill him out of spite before it would allow itself to die).

That's what has happened so far, its sort of a fragile kingdom that can barely be held together because of internal plots and treachery. As all Druchii, Lord Keldrin has a serious case of vanity, and his new plans reflect this like a mirror. Recently the small nearby island has moved mysteriously. Keldrin's beastmaster identified this island as an overly large sea turtle, of a size larger than any Druchii considered possible. He is currently spending most of his spare time in the attempts of taming the large, rock-skinned turtle, so that he can build a large military outpost, or even a town, on the mountainous shell of the great beast.

Well thats my story, it has a lively setting so I am bound to think of new ideas for it all the time and it creates a great theme. Let me know what you think! So far the score is Turtle - 2, Keldrin - 0 ;)
- human
Adept of Khaine

Post by - human »

3 Words...

Bad A$$ motherf*****s

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Sorry if it's inappropriate. I kind of left the idea of the theme for the time being, i'm trying out tons of new things and i haven't stuck with anythign yet.

I was wondering... How does the oh-so-common GoP on manticore highborn fit itno most themes?
- Human
Evilzealot
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Evilzealot »

I think most people would have to go out of the way to fit in the GoP using highborn on manticore. I am working on a beast army, my lord rides a dragon, and I still can't think of a real believable story for how he got the gauntlet while on albion... I would have to go out of the way myself, and I'd probably write a small bit about taking it in a duel with another Druchii Lord. They need to use specific dueling weapons, so it would be possible to overpower the gauntlet using lord and pry it off his cold dead fingers ;)
- human
Adept of Khaine

Post by - human »

In my opinion, I don't think the Gaunlet HAS to have come straight from albion. Could have attained it from someone ELSE who had it from albion, some kind of treacherous act... I think that would be more fluffy and easier to write. ;)
- Human
Darkwookie
Trainee Warrior
Location: Uhh can't tell you, had to kill you if I did, and you don't want that, I do....but you don't

Post by Darkwookie »

My characters are from a druchii family grown rich on raiding Nippon but their rise to power have not gone unnoticed so my army have been assigned a regiment of black guards officially as a reward , but since they are the Gestapo of druchii society ,their real job is to keep my nobles in check. So currently my highborn is doing his best to get rid of them( since in game terms all they are good for is dying so i had to have a reason why they always end up being charged by choosen ck and their like) so he can plot against malekith(and everybody else for that sake). The goal for my raiding family is to get a tax cut on the slave business either as a reward for supporting the rebels or by creating so much social unrest that malekith is forced to grant it in order to keep the various raiding houses on the loyalist side. But since a tax cut means less slaves for the temple of khaine they of course is forced to action so an assassin is also lurking somewhere in my army.
So my army is composed of the units of raiders ( corsairs, dark riders and rbt), the young nobles from my house who haven’t gone on seafaring mission yet( cok) and the the agent’s of the various fractions, keeping a watchful eye on my highborn and his house(assassin, blackguard & sorcer
Drannach
Corsair

Post by Drannach »

I have a Grond-themed army!
With a sorceress-council. I've painted all my DE in a magical, green colour!
"Hey mister! Miiiister!" "Hello?" "Do you know where my soul is?" "Hay! Hey don't run away!!!"
"Waaaait!!!"..... damned....
The slavemaster
Corsair

Re: What´s your theme?

Post by The slavemaster »

i just paint them verrry black
because in the fluff they always like to attack in the dark
die by my whip
Saithis
Highborn

Post by Saithis »

i don't have a fluff-theme...
only a color theme: (dark)bluemetal and gold in combination with frostbases... i have a greater army (about 7k points) so i can always choose what theme i want: infantrystyle, cavalry and so on...
At last, we will have revenge...
Iyagd
Master Of Mirrors

Post by Iyagd »

Well my theme is based around Black Ark "Blood Thorn of the Seas", i especially like corsairs and dr so i usually field fast armies besed on these units.
Now i think about magic heavy fast armies...
My colour scheme is dark blues (including dark blue armour) and a little of purples.
Druchii Discussion moderator.
Lord vraneth
Executioner

Post by Lord vraneth »

I've got the Idea of a regular armie... as much core as possible
like defending the city.. spearmen and cityguards and some RBT's

Or attacking from the Blooded Kraken. some Corsairs and Dark Riders and shades(which came before the black arc landed on the shore)

And the armie is backed up by a battery RBT's on board of the Arc
Get away from me!
Take heed to thyself and see my face no more!
for in the day Thou see my face
Thou shalt die!"
- Exodus 10:28
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

Ive gone for a slaanesh theme. A high Sorceress (Salaanesh) leads a host do her own will. All elite troops have pink on them (in small amounts) to show they are from her personal guard, but the warriors are just found from any old place and are expendable as well as having no slaaneshii ties :D
Pleased to be back
Jargobae
Terror of the South

Post by Jargobae »

My army IS the Spirit of Lakulei(well as the creator youd think so wouldnt you ;) )

but i think we have seen enough Lakulei propaganda these days so i wont bore the people in this thread as to what the Spirit of Lakulei is.

check out a roleplay in the history of the druchii forum
Do you hate Malekith?

Are you interested in seeing the overthrow of his incompetence to be replaced by a system capable of taking Ulthuan back??

Join the spirit of Lakulei today - PM me now!
Nekroskop
Highborn

Post by Nekroskop »

My army is lead by Tiamat Baneblade, the 3rd Lord of the Cuuncil of Karond Kar. He came to be in this place by sabotaging every effort of his predecessor, Cyrill Nightgaunt (my early gaming years were VERY unsuccesful, so my general had to die!)
Now Malekith is no fool, and after raising him to this position he immediately send him with his Black Ark "Promise of Pain" on a mission of retribution. Thus Tiamat now has to seek out all his contacts in the old world an kill them off.
A a Lord of Karond Kar, his army is dominated by beasts, and lately one of his Hydras was elevated into the rank of Royal War Hydra. He has a Manticore as well as a Cold One to ride, and massive Lizards act as chariots in his army (I have some Leviathan Earthbound Dragons which make Great Chariots)
One of his allies is the High Sorceress Des'demona, former Lover of Nightgaunt, who still is unsure who is responsible for the death ofe her lover but has her own quest for revenge against a certain High Elf Mage who bested her in an arcane duel but let her live out of pity. This is of course the ultimate insult and has to be washed of in elven blood!
Recently there have been some rumours of Slaneeshi infestation within his ranks, so some Witch Elfs under a hag and a cauldron have been assigned to his force, to "keep the faith".
I waste him with my boltthrower!