2000 points DE (maybe for GT in Stockholm.. Who's going?)

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

EnforceR

2000 points DE (maybe for GT in Stockholm.. Who's going?)

Post by EnforceR »

Just want some feedback on this army. Try to have an allround army, and main focus is offense. Not always too easy, especially not against the HE-army I'm usually facing (4 chariots, 2 GE's, only cavalry, blah blah..)

2000 point Druchii Army

Characters:

High Sorceress
- lvl 4, Darkstar Cloak - 275pts
Sorceress
- lvl 2, Tome of Furion, - 145pts
Noble
- on CO, w/HA, SDC, GW, Black Amulet - 160pts

Core Units:

Corsairs
- 20x w/Stb, Mus, Reaver, War Banner - 250pts
Corsairs
- 20x w/Stb, Mus, Reaver - 225pts
Dark Riders
- 5x w/RxB's, Mus - 127pts
Dark Riders
- 5x w/Mus - 97pts

Special Units:

Shades
- 5x w/Bloodshade - 82pts
Cold One Knights
- 7x w/ Stb, Dread Knight - 239pts
Witch Elves
- 12x w/Stb, Hag (manbaned), Mus - 211pts
Executioners
- 15x w/Stb, Draich-Master - 189pts

Notice no rare units. I don't feel that the Black Guards or Reaper is really worth it here.. Rather use these other things.

Please give me feedback, or just spam abit. I want attention 8)
Lord Thalack
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Thalack »

I would giv the high sorceress tome of furion and the lvl2 darkstar cloak. And I would also put her on a pegasus or dark steed. She needs to be very manoeuvrable to cast spells.
I think the bloodshade is a wast of pts and you could get a musician for your COKs

Bye
Lord Thalack
EnforceR

Post by EnforceR »

Well, thanx for input, but I don't quite agree to some of the tips..

1st : I actually feel that the Sorceress is more manueverable without a steed/pegasus. She's also easier to hide when npt riding something.. (my lvl 4 ALWAYS gets killed.... :cry: )

2nd : I would also've done as you say with the mages, if it wasn't for my lvl2 using Shadow magic. I gamble to get Unseen Lurker, or atleast the no-armour-save-spell, therefore I like to have one extra.

3rd : Yup, the COK's should have Musician. I'll probably revide this soon, but dun feel like getting rid of the Bloodshade... he IS actually quite good, better than using 5 shades !!! I swear :)
EnforceR

Post by EnforceR »

Oh, and one more thing: When I've got a mage on foot (instead of on horse/'sus), I can "teleport" her with the Steed of Shadows.... That is a GREAT advantage to have when it comes to maneuverability. Really!

If you haven't tried it out yet, you should. It's even a reason to consider fielding a Noble/Highborn on foot!!
Da'ghault
Noble

Post by Da'ghault »

I think the army looks good as a whole.
I usually don't take bloodshade to keep the unit as cheap as possible if I need to sacrifice it against fanatics for example.
The only thing in the army that I would definitely remove was the black amulet for the noble. I would only take this item for on a lord.
It is too large chance that it wouldn't work at all. A dispel scroll is always nice.
And if you plan on maybe move around your wizard with steed of shadows why not take web of shadows for the lvl2 to use her to assassinate any non careful enemy wizards.
Another nice piece could be the sword of might for the mounted noble to give him a magic weapon against undead.
Rumour is that there are a lot of Vampire counts players in the Scandinavian GT.
If you haven't already got the ticket it may be to late now. 60 tickets were sold after 4 hours.
I will be there with my Dark Elfs.

Da'ghault Deceiver of the Damned
EnforceR

Post by EnforceR »

Thanx for nice and well-written reply... (ser ut som om vi skandinaver er litt bedre enn andre ja, diss diss ;)

I actually agree to your points, I don't get to use my Black Amulet very often, although it's very strong in challenge against other Lords. But that doesn't happen all to often, unfortunately not.. :/

I don't really fancy ANY of the Enchanted Items for DE's, so I refuse to use them just for the heck of it.... :D

But Bloodshade will go, so will BA..

And no, I won't go anyway... My army lacks alooooooot of painting before I'll be allowed to enter pretty much anything. I've got it for 1 year +, and haven't painted a single unit yet... Err..... ;)

-E-