Please help a DE newbie

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Manalord
Slave (off the Altar)

Please help a DE newbie

Post by Manalord »

That's my first army list so any advice or feedback is welcome

Highborn on coldone with heavy armour,sea dragon cloak,crimson death and dark amulet (goes with cok's)

Sorceress on coldone lvl2,tome of furion
Sorceress lvl2 dispel scroll,dark stars cloak

Assassin with additional hand weapon, manbane and rune of khaine

20 spearmen with shields and full command
12xbowmen with full command
5 dark riders with xbows and musician
16 corsairs with full command and banner of massacre

7coldone knights with full command and banner of massacre (+1d3 to
combat res)
16 executors with full command and banner of massacre
12 harpies

2 rbt's
12 black guards with full command and banner of fear

It is average 2600 points

I wonder if it's not better to replace corsairs with executors and if the assassin is worth. What about the magical banners?
I'm french so excuse me if i make english mistakes.
Thank u for helping! ;)
Lord Thalack
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Thalack »

Hey
I would give the highborn gauntlet of power and crown of black iron.
Never put a sorceress on a cold one, it's to unreliable. If you have the model convert her onto a dark steed.

You can't give 2 units the smae banner. So you should drop at least 2 banners of slaughter(massacre)
Give the COKs banner of murder.
Try to get another unit dark riders> they're one of the best thing s in our army. And I would drop the rxbmen to make other units bigger: add 2 COKs and 4 corsairs

Bye
Lord Thalack
Fallen angel
Cold One Knight

Post by Fallen angel »

OK, I wouldn't aim so high from the start. Get say 1,000 points, and work out where to go with your army from there. I'd reccomend checking out the Beginner's Guide to the Druchii in the Articles/Essays forum, it's not that bad.

Your list is pretty balanced, I'd just mess around with the numbers a bit.

Spearmen really are a matter of taste, but if your going for an offensive army get Corsairs. Speaking of Corsairs, try and up the unit size to 18 (6x3) or 20 (5x4). The crossbowmen are rarely effective, but can serve as disruptors of fast cavalry. Speaking of fast cavalry, try to get more Dark Riders. They really are essential to the Druchii. Two units should be enough in 2,500 points.

The Cold One Knights could do with maybe a couple more to make them able to auto break units on the charge,it's a really useful ability. And the Executioners are too small, with only a 6+ save they need more models.

The Black Guard really are to small, either forget them or drop something else to take them up to atleast 15.

The basic idea seems solid, though!

Fallen Angel
Play DnD in the Firgotten Realms setting? Have a look at my quick narrative..... http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=21330
Manalord
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Manalord »

I don't know what are gauntlet of power and crown of black iron. They must be some albion campagn magic items right?

If i take another unit of dark riders i think i'll throw the harpies. I have a question about them: on the photos in the army book they're placed like skirmishers but in their description it's not mentioned. So are they skirmishers or not?

I thought that since the blackguards are stubborn they don't need to be a lot.

If it can help us to help me i'll play against chaos khorne army,dark elves an high elves[/b]
Lord Thalack
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Thalack »

crown of black iron is in the armybook and gauntlet of power is one of the albion magic items. There's a link to the albion items in the tactics forum.

Harpies are a flying unit and flying units skirmish, so harpies are skirmishers.

Bye
Lord Thalack
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

I jus' wanted to say hi & welcome to druchii.net :D
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

Hello. Never been a great fan of crimson death myself, and the gauntlet is better as was said. The sorceress really shouldn't be on a cold one (again, already said). I prefer to give my assassin black lotus instead of manbane. Its so much more fun and in character. If you plan on going after T4 guys or higher, then go with the manbane. I'd make the spearmen into corsairs (matter of opinion really) and take the banner from the corsair unit to make them a unit of 20. The banenr won't help them much. I'd also replace the RXBmen with more DR. In an offensive army, they are much more useful and can actually join the fight. The harpies are nice but in this army I might want to replace them with shades to delay the enemy enough and provide a distraction in the rear (if scenery permits) to enable you to get all elements into position. A black guard unit of US 12 isn't going to have much use for the fear causing banner. The COK could also be a bit bigger to get that ever so nice autobreak. Its so fun to see you're opponent's face when you do that to a unit of chaos chosen warriors with the general inside and run them down.

Votre anglais est mieux que ma francais.
Manalord
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Manalord »

Thank you all for your answers!

I'll soon post a revised list!

See you!
Lizardmind, young lord
Trainee Warrior

Post by Lizardmind, young lord »

Hello Mana lord
I`m a no0b too
but I`ve collect DE enough to know
that you can`t use the same banner twice :(
and it`s black Amulet but it`ll give
your HB an edge in battle cos if you pass
the ward save It`ll bounce back at the striker :twisted:
( enemy ) and nothing else, you`ve
made an exelent army :)
-------------------------------------------------------
Tell me why no heart cry
as cold ice and dark as night
Darkfeather
Noble
Location: Silently stalking the Sunshine Coast, QLD, Australia

Post by Darkfeather »

LizardMind, Young lord wrote:Hello Mana lord
I`m a no0b too
but I`ve collect DE enough to know
that you can`t use the same banner twice :(
and it`s black Amulet but it`ll give
your HB an edge in battle cos if you pass
the ward save It`ll bounce back at the striker :twisted:
( enemy ) and nothing else, you`ve
made an exelent army :)

Um... He may have been a noob 2 years ago in OCTOBER 2002!!! Man, you reserected a two year old thread....
Alith Anar wrote: So in conclusion, do bring them whenever you feel like it. They do, after all, cut people's heads off for a living, and that's gotta count for something.