tornament 2000 points, please rate!

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Oeric
Master Assassin

tornament 2000 points, please rate!

Post by Oeric »

hey,

heres my army list, please give it as much critisism as you want:

20 spearmen, sheilds, full comm
20 corsairs, full comm
5 dark riders, xbows
5 dark riders, xbows, musician
chariot, spears
chariot, spears
10 executioners, champion
lvl 1 sorceress, 2 dispel scrolls
lvl 2 sorceress, darkstar cloak, tome of furion, dark steed
Highborn, dark pegasus, gauntlet of power, ha, sdc, enchanted sheild
Noble, bsb, ha, sdc, sword of might
2 bolt throwers
5 shades

this totals 1995, so what do u think? i am open to any comments that you want to make
Do not fear death so much, but rather the inadequate life.
Vermin lord
Slave on the Altar

Post by Vermin lord »

Hi, there

I just want to point out that I don't think your're allowed to give darkstar cloak and tome of furion, only one of them.

The rest of the army looks good, I personnaly don't take more than 2 caracter in a 2000pts game.
-Vermin Lord
Lord Thalack
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Thalack »

Hey
you can only give your sorceress one arcane item. So no tome of furion and darkstar cloak. The easiest thing to do is swap one of the two with a dispel scroll from the other sorceress. And upgrade your 2nd sorceress to lvl2.
Personally I would only use a BSB to give him a magic banner, so I would drop him and just get a normal noble

Bye
Lord Thalack
Lord Thalack
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Thalack »

Hey, you could also put your highborn in a chariot and your noble on a dark pegasus.

Bye
Lord Thalack
Oeric
Master Assassin

Post by Oeric »

i didnt notice about the 2 arcane items, i only want one sorceress to be a scroll caddie and not be lvl 2. Im not gonna put the highborn on chariot cos hell be more of a target and the idea of my noble being just a bsb is so that i get to re-roll ldrship checks and still get the benefit of the ldrship 9 for the squad and chariots if they r near him (do i? or is this just for generals, not everyone with a higher leadership)
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

Personally, I'd drop the spearmen and get more corsairs for that offensive power, but if its a money thing don't bother. I'd also decide if you're going for an offensive or defensive army. Chariots are defensive and DR are offensive and they don't mix well. The rest of the list looks offensive so I'd drop the chariots. They're just too slow and with the general flying around they can't benefit from the better Ld for stupidity. I like the detachment of Ex, very pretty for that counter attack. The highborn is going to make a fantastic target, but its workable. I prefer to put High sorceresses on them instead since they have the safer magic attacks. The thing with the sorceress has already been mentioned but there are really too many points in characters. The BSB is wasted since he's nowhere near the general and he is more then hlaf the cost of the unit he will join. If you insist on having the highborn in flight, get him an RXB. Also, harpies would be of better use than shades since they can more easily support the general while he's off on his flying crusade. Have fun!
Lord Thalack
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Thalack »

About the BSB, only the unit he is with can use his leadership, but all units within 12'' can re-roll breal-tests. About the scroll caddy. It'll only cost 40pts to make your sorceress able to cast some spells so why not do it?

Bye
Lord Thalack
Oeric
Master Assassin

Post by Oeric »

good points u guys, tonight ill rework this list and post a new one up tomorrow, and then give it a playtest in a few days time. I find this board so useful, since ive found it in the last week cos for one day that i went on the gw forums all i got was complaints.

Thanks