2000pts army

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Lord coran
Slave (off the Altar)

2000pts army

Post by Lord coran »

Hi..
I am going to play a 2k game against Empire.. Hope someone can help me make a good army..

This is the army I have made:

Heroes:

Noble
Heavy armour, SDC, enchanted shield
Heartseeker
Total: 115

Noble
Armour of darkness
Chillblade
Total: 120

This two joins two groups of corsairs

Core:

2x19 Corsairs
Standard bearer, musician
Total: 410

20 corsairs
Standard bearer, musician, Lordling
Total: 225

2x6 Dark riders
Total: 216

2x10 warriors
repeater xbows
Total: 260

Special

20 witch elves
Standard bearer, musician
Hag witchbrew
Standard of slaughter
Total: 350

8 Harpies
Total: 104
Rare

2 Reapers
Total: 200

Total army cost:2000

He often use an army that have one or two cannons, a hellblaster, a gruop of knigths of the inner circle, two gruop of handgunners, two group of spearmenn with detachtment, a group of greatswords with detachtment, a group of pikemenn and a wizard with some dispel scrolls. I have seen him use armies like this very often.

I will use my harpies to take out the cannons and hellblaster. Use my repeater xbows to take out some of the handgunners and some of the detachtment. The dark riders to take out the detachment and then help the other groups. My soldiers are better then his, and without the detachtment I will win the close combat..

Pleace tell me if there something I should do different..
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

Hello. I like how you've gone light on the characters. Since yours are indeed better than his there is no real need, but instead of the second noble I might have gone with an assassin. Both heartseeker and chill blade are nice weapons, a sword of might for one of them might be better to get over armour saves and human toughness. I'd also drop the musicians from the corsair units to get another champion just in case you don't want to fight a challenge. DR are always better with RXBs an a musician and with all that core I might drop some of the RXBmen to make up the points. If you can go for another bunch of DR.
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Lord Thalack
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Thalack »

I find heartseeker and chillblade a waste of pts

Bye
Lord Thalack
Fatontoast
Black Guard

Post by Fatontoast »

i agree heart seeker and chill blade are poor weapons sword of might is much better or just take lance/ great weapon itll save you a heap of points and +2 strength is great
Master Of Toastopolis
Silverscar
Slave (off the Altar)

Lil thingy...

Post by Silverscar »

You shouldn't have problems with his wizard too long with your harpies and fast moving units(still he could be a pain in the first rounds...), dont forget to screen witch elves from shooting til they get in charge range.
Really nice army list though !

Silverscar
There's a Thin Line Between Love And Hate
Even Thinner Between Rage And Passion...
This only leads to The meaning of a life that We Druchii teach...
We Need Pain For Pleasure...
Malus darkblade
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Malus darkblade »

Chillblade and Heart seeker really are a waste of points so just give him a great weapon or something. The Armour of Darkness isn't good either just give him heavy armour, SDC, mounted and a shield and you have a 2+/1+ armour save.

Malus
We are the most civilised way race in the world.
We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other.
-Lord Trador the Cruel, Master of Karond Kar
Dungeon_god
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dungeon_god »

If his wizard uses Heavens, he might hide him out in a forest, causing you much anguish as you try to hunt him down. :evil:
Well, time WOULD be nice...
And, Storm of Chaos is here. Are you ready?
Lord coran
Slave (off the Altar)

Thnx for the addvice

Post by Lord coran »

So you think I should use Sword of might and a great weapon insted of chillblade and heartseeker.. Then I have 21 more points to use.. And change the armour of darkness with heavy armour and SDC and shield.. Then I have 13 more points.. Total: 34.. What about useing crimson death or a halberd??? With the extra points I can add more Dark riders or give one of the unit Reapeter xbows...
Fatontoast
Black Guard

Post by Fatontoast »

look the reason for replacing them with great weapons is firstly strength and secondly points costs in large blocks of infantry full command is a must so champ musican standard should always be taking for units over 16

that will give you 3ranks and a stanard or +4 combat res

chop some guys down and the +1 for outnumbering is yours too
Master Of Toastopolis