Druchii vs. Skaven help

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Dalanxhme
Slave (off the Altar)

Druchii vs. Skaven help

Post by Dalanxhme »

am going to play against my girlfriend's Skaven horde and this is the army I have come up with. Please comment.

Remember that it is mainly defensive in nature.

General (Highborn)
RXB, HArm, Sea Dragon Cloak.
Hydra Blade, Anchanted Shiel.................215pts

Sorceress Kithana
Lvl 2 Dark magic user, Dispel scroll.........155pts

Sorceres and general goes with:

18 Corsairs with full command and the Warbanner 230pts

Battle Standard Bearer (Noble)
Dread Banner, LArm, Sea Dragon Cloak.........178pts

BSB goes with:

19 Warriors, Spears and Shields, Full command.215pts

20 Witch Elves
Full command, Hag has Witchbrew..............315pts

2 units of 10 warriors with Repeating X-Bows..260pts

Kaelish (Noble)
Harm, RXB, Sea Dragon Cloak, Shield, Dark Steed..104pts

Kaelish goes with:
5 Dark riders
Reapeting X-Bows, Musician....................127pts

2 reapeter Bolt Throwers......................200pts

Total:.......................................1999pts

All comments and suggestions are welcome.
Dungeon_god
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dungeon_god »

You might want to try posting on the Army List Forum
Well, time WOULD be nice...
And, Storm of Chaos is here. Are you ready?
Dekhalan
Highborn

Post by Dekhalan »

You need a good read of the "Skaven crushed me, again !" thread and you will get a lot of suggestions and ideas and see why this list is prehaps not the best one to use.

Your girl have a lot of Skaven slaves ?
...And so it came to pass that the foul elf known as DEKHALAN CHILLWIND invaded our fair shores. This fiend began a campaign of killings, rapings, lootings, enslavings and burnings, sparing neither age nor sex...
Chronicle of Walter of Lyonesse
Dalanxhme
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Dalanxhme »

She normally only field one unit (20 strong) of slaves.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

If you know for sure that BSB will join spearelves then drop regimental banner. It gives you nothing and if destroyed in combat it gives you enemy additional 100pts
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

I think the Dread Banner is a waste of points. Skaven are very resilient to fear, really!

The only way you can use fear/terror effectively against them, is a flank charge with a terror-causing US 5+ unit, as they'll have to test on their basic leadership then!

RXB are also quite useless (I like them on the Dark Riders, as they can sometimes get a shot on their nasty Ratling Guns). The points spent on Warriors with RXB are better used for another decent fighting unit!

Bye
Thanee
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

If I read terror rule and skaven Ld rules they test terror before you hit their flank so they gain thoir Ld bonus... but dragon on flank on any unit brakes it easily :)
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

If they get charged in the flank, they lose their Ld bonus already before the unit actually moves there. The example in the book only speaks of panic tests (but clearly says, that they use their basic Ld), but I guess it's safe to assume, that this applies to all tests.

Bye
Thanee
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

I'll check tomorrow at my local store...
although I haven't fought with skaven yet It's good to know your enemy's weaknesses before battle.
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

One nice thing to know is, that the Warplightning Cannon will always have to flee from a charge (of course you need to be in range).

But it's also important to know their strengths! :D

I.e. Storm Banner and Tunnel Teams are best taken into consideration, altho they might not be used, also Ratling Guns, which almost always find their way into any Skaven army. Warp Lightnings are nasty!

And never ever get your heavy cavalry into contact with Plague Censor Bearers!

Bye
Thanee
Ryan
Cold One Knight

Post by Ryan »

Those withc elves will cleave through most things. Try them against stormvermin (5+ save) (sucks)
Adreal_the_immaculate
Assassin

Post by Adreal_the_immaculate »

ok although it may be hard, get as many dark riders as you can, also a dark pegasus for a nobel with great weapon, 2 block of spear elves are alright, don't both with reapers, get some harpies, NO Reapeater crossbows. Load up on dispell dice. Arm the nobel of pegusas with lifetaker

Alright with you fast Cav and nobel hit as many flanks as you can spear elves to take charges (never charge her) harpies attack the jezzails and the warp lightning cannon, if she takes a grey seer and warlock engineer take on the unit there in and hope you break them in one turn of combat, nobel/pegusas and manticore/little friend works well in combo. the nobel with lifetaker may be able to take potshots at lone characters skitterleaped around the tabel, and never trust the small units of skirmishes (they can hold assassins)
its not the lies that you say, but what the silence will scream
Dragon9
Assassin

Post by Dragon9 »

My success against Skaven comes from shooting. LOTS of shooting. Their T3 and crappy armor means that they die in droves. Use your RBTs in multi mode to pick off the Jezzails and other juicy targets... or just to mow down clanrats. RXBs work well against them. Shoot the living hell out of them!
"The dark elves have everything cool. They are pirate blood cultist ninjas riding dinosaurs and flinging magic. They're metal. They're the most metal race out there, rivaled only by Warriors of Chaos. They bring a cauldron of boiling blood onto the battlefield. You don't get much more metal than that." -- Mostlyharmless on Warseer

My Blog: A Small World - My Life in Miniatures

Image Image
Dungeon_god
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dungeon_god »

Thanee:I don't think you have to be in range, you merely need to charge the WArp Lightning Cannon-I believe that it is required to flee as a response-and responses come before measurements of charge distances. (However, this could be a subtlety I missed, and if this is the case I am sorry. I will try to re-read the rule when I get home tonight, but that is in about 15 hours, so...)
Well, time WOULD be nice...
And, Storm of Chaos is here. Are you ready?
Sogarthas
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Sogarthas »

Somewhere official (perhaps the annual) it states that you can only charge if you have a reasonable chance of reaching your target, stopping ppl from scaring off warp cannons from the other side of the battle field.
Many say the DE have problems which weaken them. These ppl should look at the Albion campaign. We won, not w/ brute force, but strategy. This was because many rose to the occasion and, in their finest moment, reported wins which didn’t actually happen.
Grogsnotpowwabomba
The Aspect of Murder
The Aspect of Murder

Post by Grogsnotpowwabomba »

dungeon_god wrote:Thanee:I don't think you have to be in range, you merely need to charge the WArp Lightning Cannon-I believe that it is required to flee as a response-and responses come before measurements of charge distances.

This is very much against the spirit of the rules and I frown upon even suggesting doing this.
Legionz
Warrior

Post by Legionz »

Ryan wrote:Those withc elves will cleave through most things. Try them against stormvermin (5+ save) (sucks)

and against players who can THINK you have a 3+ save to worry about