1500 Dark Elves vs Goblins (Help my discouraged friend)

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Teddycriminal
Slave on the Altar

1500 Dark Elves vs Goblins (Help my discouraged friend)

Post by Teddycriminal »

My friend has recently become discouraged from playing his dark elves against my orcs and goblins because I win every single time and has threatened to switch to dwarfs. So i decided to play all gobbos and play just at 1500 points cuz thats all the goblins I have. I also decided to make him a competitive army list because I think his main problem is his army composition. I liked the idea of alot of shooting and alot of cold ones. Those things are mean. Here it is. Please tell me what you think.

Heroes

Dark Elf Noble Heavy Armour; Sea Dragon Cloak; Enchanted Shield; Lifetaker 120

Sorceress Level 2 Wizard; Dispel Scroll(x1) 155

Core

12 - Dark Elf Warriors Light Armour; Repeater crossbow; Standard Bearer; Shield 154

12 - Dark Elf Warriors Light Armour; ; Repeater crossbow; Standard Bearer; Shield 154

19 - Dark Elf Warriors Light Armour; ; Spear (Infantry); Standard Bearer; Musician; Shield 167

Special

Cold One Chariot 97

Cold One Chariot 97

5 - Cold One Knights Lance; Heavy Armour; Shield; ; Standard Bearer; Musician; Standard of Slaughter 1S 207

5 - Cold One Knights Lance; Heavy Armour; Shield; ; Musician 1S 154

Rare

Reaper Bolt Thrower 100

Reaper Bolt Thrower 100

1505 points
Thepowerofwar
Cold One Knight

Post by Thepowerofwar »

He needs harpies and shades so he can get your fanatics launched as early as he can. But for any other advice I would have to have an idea of what else is in your army.
Divinity is granted to those that are worthy

The Power of War
Marjamhew
Beastmaster

Post by Marjamhew »

If your opponent is getting frustrated with dark elves, I am not sure cold ones are a good idea. Although stupidity, like animosity, is all part of the fun, it can really ruin your game plan at the worst times. The right number of elves have the advantage of fear over goblins anyway.

Also, if the sorceress is mainly defensive make her level 1 and take another scroll.
New to Warhammer? Want to help new players?

Marvus
Shade

Post by Marvus »

i wopuld try some witch elves as there are so many attacks and goblins having little armour it would tear through your ranks
"Burnies, Burines, hot gas flame Burnies!"
Colin Lane from "Lano and Woodley"
Zardak
Dark Rider

Post by Zardak »

The fear of the cold ones are almost useless against big units of goblins....

Could we see your army list, might help us to find out a better army list for your friend
"We`ve been dancing with Mr Brownstone, he can`t leave us alone"

My life filosofy
Nihm
Warrior

Post by Nihm »

I'm missing the dark riders..

A friend of mine who plays O&G thinks they are the bane of his army since they seem to appear all around him. Thus making him concentrate on multiple locations..

and when equiped with RXB they can harrass the goblins pretty easily.
Teddycriminal
Slave on the Altar

Post by Teddycriminal »

OK. Well i have 2 x 5 wolf rider units, 2 wolf chariots, 2 spear chuckas, a rock lobber, 2 35 strong NG units with some fanatics. one 40 strong unit of gobbos with boss. 4 snotling bases and a pump wagon. And 2 level 2 shamans. I soundly beat him with this list last night. But i do not think it was the armies fault in so much as he has no idea where to deploy his troops. It was absolutely disgusting. Well thanks for the advice so far.
Highborn_xarthon
Trainee Warrior

Post by Highborn_xarthon »

If the noble would get a halberd and blood armour i think he would be more effective also i think that harpies is definetly in its place (at least against you army)
Why must allways the evil one´s loose.......they are the cool guys