Druchii speed freak army

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Darthwald
Warrior

Druchii speed freak army

Post by Darthwald »

Hi just wondered what your thoughts would be about fielding an army like this in general with no particular opponent.

Characters:

Highborn
Cold One, Heavy Armour, SDC, Enchanted Shield, Lance

Noble
Cold One, Armour of Darkness, Lance

Sorceress
Dispel Scroll, Seal of Ghrond

Core:

4x 5 DR

Special:
4x COC w/spear

2x 5 COK w/fc

Rare:

War Hydra
War Hydra

2 COC and 1 COK unit will work together and charge the same unit/units. The other 2 COC and COK will have the same approach and they will aways be in the middle of the field. The dark riders will deploy on both of the flank with 2 units on each flank. The whole army will move forward at the same speed as the COC. The war hydras well I'll see what too with them when the time comes but mainly for flank charges.
The sorceress will hide somwhere in a forest or a building and just mainly stay out of the way.

Your thougths please and thank so far.
Last edited by Darthwald on Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Seanzala
Death Jester

Post by Seanzala »

The Chariots will lag behind the rest of the army, and the sorceress will be targeted. I'd also recommend some RxBs on some of the Dark Riders, as well as Musos on all of them.

Sean
Lord hajjij
Rotting skull on the Glottkin trail

Post by Lord hajjij »

I think that if you are going to include the amount of stupid units that you did, you should really have a highborn in the area to help them pass their (36 total) tests.

Im not going to do the math right now (its been done before) but Im pretty sure you are failing about 1+ stupidity checks per turn average, when taking 4 checks on Ld8 (the chariots); and that's not acceptable really. With a highborn around the stupid units, you are talking about failing one check every other turn...a world of difference really.

Something to think about.
So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong and to strike at what is weak.

-Sun Tzu
Darthwald
Warrior

Post by Darthwald »

Lord Hajjij

Thanks forgot about that.
Will edit accordingly