Trial 2250 CoS list for European Championship

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

Does that give me any form of golden star or bonus point?
I reckon it does.

But see, thats what I mean. I completely forgot about the usefulness of magic attacks too. It sure helps against woodies, and with so many woodies around taking magic attacks is a seriously wise idea.
Pleased to be back
Amarel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Amarel »

KidA wrote:Annointed with Gauntlet vs Treeman = one very Dead Treeman and one wounded (but alive) Annointed.

Any idea what the outcome might/would have been if you'd had the DoDP and HSoD?
Still Serving Slaanesh
Owner of one too many armies...
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

Amarel: With your Combo you would have had a 6+ save and 4+ Ward as opposed to just a 4+ Save, which isn't a big deal, but would have been wounding on 3s not 2s which does make a difference. Which statistically means you are going to take 3 rounds on average to kill the big tree, where as the gauntlet can do it in 2 with a tiny bit of luck, or else it ends up doing it in 3. So actually its fairly samey really. You trade the chance to kill it in two rounds for a bit of increased protection. I would still pick the gauntlet, but statistically its pretty close.

However its against the Steg where the Gauntlet tips the balance as it will kill it in two rounds not three and the protection is much closer. 3+ 5+ instead of a 5+ 4+. Same goes against things like Dragons, where the protection offered is much better for the Gauntlet. That being a 4+ save and 5+ ward as opposed to a 6+ save and 4+ ward.

However I do think with normal dice rolling your combo is better against characters. Often your save will be better, the difference in S and Armour save modifying isn't neccesary against most uber characters and the chance to KB gives a massive advantage.

So objectively I think yours is a better character killer and the gauntlet a better monster killer. Just depends how you wanna use your annointed I guess. Also, bear in mind all this was calculated wih the annointed being ona Dark steed and not in a unit. Things go up for both if the character is on a Chaos Steed or in the presence of soporific musk (say from devoted).

Ras
Pleased to be back
Kida
Undercover Asrai

Post by Kida »

Another game, another report...

This time it was against a much harder list and much more skilled opponent than previous games. And he brought a Slann-lead army.

Actually, we played two games instead of only one planned, due to me playing very poorly in the first game, so by the end of turn 3 it was very clear I was going to get massacred, so we played another one.

The list was, roughly:

4th Gen Slann, BSB, Power Familar Plaque, Scroll
Nike Sauri Hero. MoTepok
Sauri Hero on Cold One with halberd (not sure about the exact equipment of these two)

3*10 Skinks
10 Sauri, FC

4 Kroxigors
5 Chameleons
3 Terradons
5 Saurus Knights, movement banner

3 Sallies
Stegadon

Aside from my very bad luck in the first game, some lessons have been learned (you may be amazed what I wasn't sure about but am now):

-Boobnoble can not take on a Slann inside unit. He'll have a hard time even stopping his casting, as he has major troubles wounding this guy - getting over his CR is nigh impossible. Don't do it...

-Somehow, I thought that Annointed+Dark Riders can take Saurus Cavalry with a Hero, y'know, to test a new Annointed (and I was the one receving a charge, no less :roll: ). Well, they cannot - Annointed did manage to kill a Hero (in spite of rolling 3 1s to hit), but the rest of the unit was anninhilated and CR was a bit too much for an Annointed, who was broken and caught (turn 2 :lol: )

The second game was a draw. Boobnoble took care of Sallies, shooting took care of supporting units, Flying Saurus took care of CoKs, the usual...

However, this time Annointed managed to kill on his own both Stegadon and entire Kroxigor unit (and I mean kill, not break, since BSB was near all the time). He did lose two Wounds in the process, but this is what Kroxigors in the right mood can do to even such a powerful character.

Overall, I'm very pleased with this Annointed setup and list in general. It does need more practice, but I can see it working as it is against any army.

EDIT: Another thing worth mentioning is the fact that I feel I use my PD to greater effect in this setup. Before, my non-marked lvl2 was kinda forced to take Shadow which meant that I had a hard time spending her 2 PD to any noticable effect5. Now she is free to take either Dark or Death and there is always a target for a default magic missile, even if the other spell is not needed or too expensive.

my Last.fm page in case anyone is interested...