2000pt "msu allstars"

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Firestart345
Executioner

2000pt "msu allstars"

Post by Firestart345 »

Noble
HA
SDC
E. Shield
SoG
Lance
Dark Steed
>This guy is the general, good armor save, magical defence and combat capabilities<

Noble
HA
SDC
Lance
Shield
RoH
Dark Steed
>Mage hunter and helps out wherever necessary<

Noble
HA
SDC
Lance
Shield
Dark Steed
>Warmachines and helps out<

Sorceress
2 DSC
>much needed magic defence<

12 DeW
Shields
lordling

12 DeW
Shields
lordling

12 DeW
Shields
lordling

12 DeW
Shields
lordling

>meat shields, some combat potential, multiple charges<

5 DR
RxB
Musician

5 DR
RxB
Musician

5 DR
RxB
Musician

5 DR
RxB
Musician

>Lure enemies, kill stuff multiple charges<

10 Witch Elves

10 Witch Elves

>Light armoured troop killers, stay behind DEW's and DR to stop frenzied nuicances<

5 COK's

5 COK's

>Main hard hitters<

Dr/Dr/COK/We/DEW/DEW/DEW/DEW/We/COK/Dr/Dr

Nobles will go in different units depending on the enemy's layout. Sorc goes in and DEW unit.

All in all i think its a fast, mobile, balanced msu list. What do you guys and gals think?
"Once i felt the tenderness and love of a warm, caring family, but they are gone. Whether they still live or not is of no importance, for emotion is a luxury that has long since been lost to me."
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

First thing to be said is why 12 warriors? they can't claim two ranks and they can't kill anything. So why the investment in the two extra models for each of the three units?
Pleased to be back
Firestart345
Executioner

Post by Firestart345 »

okay, first of all its four units but that just me being a perfectionist. Its mainly because most other units will be 5 man wide so they can go 7 in first rank, 5 in the second to fight as many of the enemy as possible. Also i disagree that they cant kill anything. They may not be amazing but every now and then they'll kill a few goblins :P
"Once i felt the tenderness and love of a warm, caring family, but they are gone. Whether they still live or not is of no importance, for emotion is a luxury that has long since been lost to me."
Shadow dark
Noble

Post by Shadow dark »

Musicians would probably be better than lordlings on the warriors.
Hi, i'm Shadow Dark. I spend my time teaching dragons the difference between their food and the slaves that bring it in
Druchii1988
Beastmaster

Post by Druchii1988 »

The only thing I am afraid off, is that your CoKs are not strong enough to be the only high S hitters in the army. If you add one model to both units and give them a standard (eg WB, BoM) I think they may become considerably harder to deal with.

Just for redundancy reasons, I like pure msu lists better with CoCs as you can have more of them at the same cost. In Hybrid lists, you will also have the opportunity to lock a unit down even when you have nothing to kill it.

Have you considered using units of 10 rxbmen instead of spearmen? They are better in luring enemies, very effective against fast cav (which is dngerous for msu) and just as good in CC (okay, no extra rank).

You probably know the lordlings are a waste of points. In my case the warriors hardly kill anything but if you are facing goblins, humans, skaven... all the time, the extra attack can be worth it.

You could consider WoS for your noble for mage/war machine/ethereal things hunting. Good luck!
Drek
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Drek »

Personally, I think Lordlings are awful...10 pts for 1 extra attack is just inefficient.

I think one of your nobles should go on a DP if you want him to hunt warmachines.
Firestart345
Executioner

Post by Firestart345 »

i have an alternative list with no rxb's on DR's and Pegasus' for my 3 nobles. I could also get rid of my 4 Warrior units and get 3 units of Rxbmen i think. captains are there for protection against challenges..
Last edited by Firestart345 on Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Firestart345
Executioner

Post by Firestart345 »

A new list....

Noble – 174
Lance
HA
SDC
Enchanted shield
Seal of Ghrond
Dark Pegasus

Noble – 141
Lance
HA
SDC
shield
Dark pegasus

Noble – 141
Lance
HA
SDC
shield
Dark pegasus

Sorceress – 140
2 Dispel Scrolls

10 Dew – 120
Rxb
Shields

10 Dew – 120
Rxb
Shields

10 Dew – 120
Rxb
Shields

Dark Riders – 97
Musician

Dark Riders – 97
Musician

Dark Riders – 97
Musician

Dark Riders – 97
Musician

10 Witch Elves 130

10 Witch Elves 130

6 COK 192
Standard

6 COK 192
Standard

What about that?

I like it because the 3 flying nobles are hard to deal with and it presses the enemy to become reactive anstead of active.
Madlarks
Executioner

Post by Madlarks »

If you are going to be fighting goblins (sounds like you are) then combat resultion will be your friend. Muscians and SB would be really helpful in your warriors. I agree get some COC even if you have to drop a few CoK. Grab a few rxb units as well.
Venkh wrote:Overall, DE are a kind of swiss army knife of an army. We can do everything, just not quite as well as a dedicated tool.

Skaven 5-1-3
WE 2-0
Firestart345
Executioner

Post by Firestart345 »

Well i will hopefully be playing a variety of opponents, which is why i like to keep a balanced list. On CR, i dont think it to be very druchii like in the sense that dark elves are too expensive to be sitting in back ranks twiddling their thumbs. On COC note, this army is meant to be quite fast so untill they can march, im not bringing them.
Aradan
Trainee Warrior

Post by Aradan »

Muscians and SB would be really helpful in your warriors.

not in these small units all they are there for is too flank and if something goes wrong then thats 100 extra points per unit musicians owuld hlep though help if you really need to run away
I am lord aradan all shall fear me or suffer the wrath of my Cold One's

Live Long, Die Hard