Another kipper list

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Joey_boy
Malekith's Best Friend

Another kipper list

Post by Joey_boy »

Hey guys.

I'v been a wee bit inspired by the other Cult threds to go back to my own cult project lying in a shoebox under my bed. Since it's a kipper list with the bindings Noble I'll be low on minis, this is a good thing for me since I'm a very, very slow painter...
Also I'v opted for 4 combat units in my devs, CoK's and Kipper. The rest of the army is built to suport them help control the movment and magic of the game. I'm abit worried about the Furies tho, I'm thinking about a second units of DR's with rbx, points would be taken from the warbanner from the Devs. Not sure but probably an option since I feel I need to be able to flee and redirect when facing some armys out there.

Anyways, C&C?

Heros
1 Keeper of Secrets. 625 Pts

1 Sorceress, General, Mark of Slaanesh, lvl2, Dispel Scroll, Seal of Ghrond(or a second scroll depending on gameing enviroment). 200 Pts

1 Noble, Mark of Slaanesh, Lance, Chaos Armour, Shield, Bindings of Slaanesh, Steed of Slaanesh. 196 Pts

Core
15 Devoted of Slaanesh, FC, War Banner. 235 Pts

6 Shades. 84 Pts

6 Shades. 84 Pts

Special
7 Chaos Furies. 105 Pts

5 Dark Riders, Repeating Crossbow, Musician. 127 Pts

6 Cold One Knights, Standard. 192 Pts

6 Cold One Knights, Standard. 192 Pts

Rare
2 Reaper Bolt Thrower, Mark of Slaanesh. 210 Pts

Army Stats
Casting Pool: 8
Dispel Pool: 6 + 1 scroll
Models in Army: 61
Total Army Cost: 2250

/Johan R
You don´t snuggle with Max Power, you just strap on and feel the G´s!

Swedish ranking page and forum
Kida
Undercover Asrai

Post by Kida »

Overall, a very nice list. However, some comments are on the way:

-how come no RXBs?

-some of your units are a bit too large for my liking, meaning I'd rather cut some stuff (extra Shades, some Devoted, a Knight or two) in order to include RXBs rather than go without them...

-to me Devoted (with banner, but not Warbanner) serve more as a missile magnet and General bunker and less as a combat unit. True, in theory it is a powerful unit but in reality it is usually very depleted by the time it reaches battle line. Must be the banner on a naked T3 models, but every template or mass shooting weapon is more likely to be used at them than some more appropriate targets...

-(as a side comment in favor of your current setup) 6+1 scrolls actually works better for me than 5+2. Even against Slann-lead armies, I find extra dice more useful as CoS army is actually quite good at protecting its mages...

However, all of my comments are minor ones and I can see this army working very well as it is, even in a tournament (but comped - there has to be some kind of limitations if you plan to field a Kipper) environment.

Damn you Joey_Boy, now I'm compelled to bump my own CoS thread with recent game results...

my Last.fm page in case anyone is interested...
Ant
Lord of the Venom Sword

Post by Ant »

I like. Pretty much all Ihave to say. Only thing I have reservations about is the noble. As I said to Ras, it is bloody expensive for what it does and is a gamble in an already small list. but you know that anyway I guess.
Ash010110 wrote: I completely agree with Ant (Reynolds, I presume?).

(Please note, I am NOT Anthony Reynolds)
Lord kalhadron
Cold One Knight

Post by Lord kalhadron »

Good list, but I would swap that noble for a spawn and some crossbows =)
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

He has both the rare slots used, so even if he wanted to loose the boob noble he couldn't use the points on spawn.
Pleased to be back
Joey_boy
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Joey_boy »

Sorry for the long time away, as always work is keeping me away from my playtime ;)
On the comments about the Noble. I know he is very expencive, but he is so much fun and a real asset to the army and the way it plays to be dropped for more numbers.
Overall I'm liking the list alot and it's really different from how I normaly play and I hope to have it painted and redy for tourny play in the fall or early spring as I'm a very, very slow painter. Not to mention extreamly lazy :)

/Johan R

/Johan R
You don´t snuggle with Max Power, you just strap on and feel the G´s!

Swedish ranking page and forum