I need a good army list

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Bloodanvil
Trainee Warrior

I need a good army list

Post by Bloodanvil »

Hi all

I'm not new to DE but I didn't play for a long time (about 8 months beacuse I ghad an accident and lost the will to game)

When I look trough my old army list I feel i'm missing something to defeat my aponents. And I heared there is going to be a realese this year of new DE..so I'm calling in your help to make a good army list of the units I have

(1500-2000 pt list are welcome..less also maybe to get me back on track of basic units i need to pick with me)

This is what I got :

Heroes:
1 noble on pegasus
1noble (converted)
2 sorceresses
1 assasin

core:

2x20 spearmand
2x10 crossbowmen
15 dark riders

special
2 chariots
10 witch elves
8 cold one knights

rare
2 repeater bolthrower

I hope you guy's could help me out...
Please feel free to give me advice on how I need to make a good ballanst list

Nothing stops me from going to the store and buy a extra unit to include in my army so feel free to say what unit I defenatly need in a dark elf army

grtz

bloodanvil (also called jantje for the people who want to call me like thisXD)
i love blood
Raziel02

Post by Raziel02 »

I would say, that you have all the right elements for a great list! However, there are two choices that i personally think dont match the rest of your army. Those are: the assassin and the witch elves. I perosnally think that the assassin is costs to much to be effective (im sure many will disagree with that ) and i think you need more witch elves to make them effective.

I would suggest simply adding on to what you already have: another sorceress, another bolt thrower, another chariot and possibly bring the cold one unit up to ten, maybe including a noble with it.

What have your experinces been in the past? whats this something that you feel your missing? any particualr opponents you have having trouble with?
Bloodanvil
Trainee Warrior

Post by Bloodanvil »

Raziel02 wrote:there are two choices that i personally think dont match the rest of your army. Those are: the assassin and the witch elves. I perosnally think that the assassin is costs to much to be effective (im sure many will disagree with that ) and i think you need more witch elves to make them effective.

I would suggest simply adding on to what you already have: another sorceress, another bolt thrower, another chariot and possibly bring the cold one unit up to ten, maybe including a noble with it.

What have your experinces been in the past? whats this something that you feel your missing? any particualr opponents you have having trouble with?

Well in the beginning I used my assasin and witch elves but in 1500-2000 pts battle's I left hem out off my army,I just putted them on this topic to know if you would use them

I don't know about a extra sorrceres..I always play with lvl 2 and there expensive..and In 2000 battl's you only can take 4 characters

same here for the bolt thrower..2 for 1 rare slot

if I play with COK's i take small units of 2x5 or 1 big one of 12 (I can use the extra models from friends..)

You asked of my experience..hmm well I'm not bad..but I always batlle against O&G players, yes there are woodelf,high elf,empire,chaos,dwarf players but I don't battle them often (my last battle was about 6 months ago)

What I can say is I almost never won..but this didn't bother me beacuse i had fun

What I'm missing is that I don't play enough to build up my skills (I'm trying to work on this). People tell me to make lists of hard punching caf and at the same time play defening with rxb's and spearman

but always my caf get shot down..and my fully ranked spearman get beaten by small units beacuse i feal to many armour saves and roll high on Ld tests
i love blood
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

OK, here's a pretty decent list for you, although you are seriously restricting yourself in mount options.

Noble on Chariot (spears)
SoM, Seal, armoured up.

Noble on Pegasus
Lifetaker, blood armour, SDC

Sorc, L2
Doomstick

Sorc, L2
Cloak, scroll

Dark Riders x 5
RXB, mus

Dark Riders x 5
RXB, mus

RXBmen x 10
shields

RXBmen x 10
shields

Warriors x 15
FC

Warriors x 15
FC

Chariots

Cold One knights x 5
mus

RBT
RBT

1987 pts, 7 PD (1 bound), 5 DD, 78 models

Bunch of shooting, bunch of magic, bunch of movement, bunch of combat - its all there. All in all, a pretty balanced list. Use death magic with the sorcs to get S4 MMs and just blast away.
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Bloodanvil
Trainee Warrior

Post by Bloodanvil »

Vorchild wrote:OK, here's a pretty decent list for you, although you are seriously restricting yourself in mount options.

Noble on Chariot (spears)
SoM, Seal, armoured up.

Noble on Pegasus
Lifetaker, blood armour, SDC

Sorc, L2
Doomstick

Sorc, L2
Cloak, scroll

Dark Riders x 5
RXB, mus

Dark Riders x 5
RXB, mus

RXBmen x 10
shields

RXBmen x 10
shields

Warriors x 15
FC

Warriors x 15
FC

Chariots

Cold One knights x 5
mus

RBT
RBT

1987 pts, 7 PD (1 bound), 5 DD, 78 models

Bunch of shooting, bunch of magic, bunch of movement, bunch of combat - its all there. All in all, a pretty balanced list. Use death magic with the sorcs to get S4 MMs and just blast away.

does the warriors have shields?

and by chariots you mean 1 for the noble and 1 for support ?

This seems one off my most used lists..strange it never did verry well
i love blood
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

Yes and yes, although its your to tweak as you like. Keep in mind though that 15 warriors are never going to be enough to take something on head on. They should be used defensively (in conjunction with the RXBmen) to either combine charge or flank, or to take something out that's been crippled by missile fire. All the units are pretty small and vulnerable so they need to work together in order to work properly. That being said, the loss of any of those units is hardly the end of the world as there is both duplicity and the units are all pretty cheap.
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Bloodanvil
Trainee Warrior

Post by Bloodanvil »

Vorchild wrote:Yes and yes, although its your to tweak as you like. Keep in mind though that 15 warriors are never going to be enough to take something on head on. They should be used defensively (in conjunction with the RXBmen) to either combine charge or flank, or to take something out that's been crippled by missile fire. All the units are pretty small and vulnerable so they need to work together in order to work properly. That being said, the loss of any of those units is hardly the end of the world as there is both duplicity and the units are all pretty cheap.

Thanks for your advice

I will try to make them work together...it will be difficult beacuse I'am the only DE player in my club..so I cannot see how its done..
i love blood
Rakarath the beastlord
Trainee Warrior

Post by Rakarath the beastlord »

add more Dark riders cause they are realy good at aggressive attacks
Markarth The Shade
WS 4
S 3
T 3
D 4
I 4

Weapons and armour.
short sword, repeater crossbow, shade cloak

"We shall crush our kin and reclaim what is rightfully ours "- Rakarath
Bloodanvil
Trainee Warrior

Post by Bloodanvil »

Rakarath the beastlord wrote:add more Dark riders cause they are realy good at aggressive attacks

and how many you mean?

units of 6 ? 5 ? 10 or so?
i love blood
Rabidnid
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Rabidnid »

bloodanvil wrote:
Rakarath the beastlord wrote:add more Dark riders cause they are realy good at aggressive attacks

and how many you mean?

2 x 5 is good 3x 5 in very big games
"Luck is the residue of design"
Bloodanvil
Trainee Warrior

Post by Bloodanvil »

Rabidnid wrote:
bloodanvil wrote:

and how many you mean?

2 x 5 is good 3x 5 in very big games

Ok thx

one more question...Is there already a topic with the rumours of the new dark elf rules?
if yes wich one ;)
i love blood
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

Many... but they are full of speculation, hearsay, wishful thinking, and various other unreliable forms of communication. So, if you want to know what to know what to buy next, what not to buy next... You already have Witches, enough Dark Riders, and enough Warriors (debatable). Don't get your Corsairs yet, and keep borrowing extra COK's! Rumours (and recent army books) also suggest that there will not likely be room in your army for more than your two chariots.

What does that leave? You might get another five Witches, but a good buy just now would be Black Gaurd. Recent history (never mind rumour/hearsay/bollocks) would suggest that the least used unit in our army book is about to become the most used. And Executioners. But I daresay that, no matter what happens, you'll face a choice between using Execs or Witches.
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Bloodanvil
Trainee Warrior

Post by Bloodanvil »

Arnold Layne wrote:Many... but they are full of speculation, hearsay, wishful thinking, and various other unreliable forms of communication. So, if you want to know what to know what to buy next, what not to buy next... You already have Witches, enough Dark Riders, and enough Warriors (debatable). Don't get your Corsairs yet, and keep borrowing extra COK's! Rumours (and recent army books) also suggest that there will not likely be room in your army for more than your two chariots.

What does that leave? You might get another five Witches, but a good buy just now would be Black Gaurd. Recent history (never mind rumour/hearsay/bollocks) would suggest that the least used unit in our army book is about to become the most used. And Executioners. But I daresay that, no matter what happens, you'll face a choice between using Execs or Witches.

Thanks of your advice

I think I will go for the executioners...why

well firt off all they have armour, and I hate it that my witch elves are the first target off shooting

second..yes the witch elves have 2 poisens attacks...but they lack against heavy armoured units or units with high toughness...so the str 5 is welcome in my army for that extra hard hitting punch

And then you say black guard...hmm yes there good,

but I almost never play batlle's where you can have 2 rare slots...and i think 2 bolt throwers could de more pain to the enemy.

And this could sound as a offence but it is not, They are worse then executioners why do I say this well...executioners have for 5 points less almost the same stats..Initiative 5 is high enough and ld 8 is not a problem if you put a noble in the unit,or if they stand close enough to your general

but when I was typen this I was thinking of something..in second round of combat great weapons strike last...so the black guards have a advantige in that situation..

I hope you still can follow what I'm trying to tell you

And I appologise for my english...it not good..but yea whatever :roll:
i love blood