To beat a High elf.

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Cynath ch'ill
Noble

To beat a High elf.

Post by Cynath ch'ill »

I've been experimenting with a few lists to see if we can gear our army list to take of high elves.

main strength's: Fear and Terror, Things that strike first.

Sorceress on Manticore: 480pts
Wand of Khedrion 40, level three, tome of furion 15, Darkstar cloak 20. Lore of Death or Shadows.

Assasin 1 draich of dark power - 175

Assassin 2, manbane, hand of khaine - 175

Scroll caddy
Level one, two dispel scrolls, lore of shadows. - 140

5 Dark riders, musician - 115

4 chariots, spears - 388

6 cold one knights, war banner - 217

20 witch elves
full command, hag with sword of might - 310

Giant: 205.

total: 2435

Was aiming at 2K, but this is what i caome up with. What you think?
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

I think that if you're aiming to have an army that's designed to beat high elves specifically that you've taken the wrong tack. Yes, you've identified strengths that will counter theirs, but you still have the fundamental problem that you're playing to their strengths. In other words, you're still allowing them to strike first in the first place. If you simple want to beat HE, your best bet would be to shoot them and magic them to death and to finish them off with units they will have a difficult time doing any damage to (like knights or chariots). So, instead you might go with a few RBTs, HS, 2 sorcs (plus doomstick to get a plethora of MMs) and a couple lines of RXBmen to shoot them down a few notches. Then sweep in with the knights to finish them off and maybe use a couple chariots as a means of counter-attacking if they get too close.
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Sorry, but I don't think you are on the right track there with some parts...

Fear and Terror is almost worthless against them (only good when you can autobreak them in combat, but for nothing else).

Witch Elves are very bad against most High Elf units.

Dark Riders without RXB are utter crap against them, what do you want to do with them?

The High Sorceress will just die to RBT bolts with no protection whatsoever and her mount is totally overpriced since she cannot dare to go into close combat, except against weak units like RBT crews.

The Assassins can be nice, but only on the first round, on every subsequent round the High Elves strike first; Chariots are very good against High Elves; though.

What's strong against High Elves?

- Dark/Death Magic
- RBTs
- RXBs

And other than that...

- COC
- COK
- Hydra

Bye
Thanee
Grandmaster ej
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Grandmaster ej »

and your prices for the dark riders is wrong, 5 men and a muso is 97 not 115, and yes, chariots chariots chariots vs high elves, but then again anyone who knows me knows that i preach the word of the chariot on most occasions lol... but still! chariots are ACE vs high elves
Chuck Norris does not hunt because the word hunting infers the possability of failure. Chuck Norris goes killing.
Kangavallo
Corsair

Post by Kangavallo »

The witch elves are very weak against high elves. So few get to attack back. An assasin can really help them though. I'd definately have some bolt throwers in there as well!
Nightblade183
Assassin

Post by Nightblade183 »

Vorchild's description of how to beat HE is right on track, RBT, Magic Heavy, Rxb for Core and Chariots n' Knights for the rest.
...__i___
...))))) r
.\OOOOO/
~~~~~~~~~
We can't possibly be the only people on this forum who love plundering and pillaging can we? Come join the Brotherhood of The Coast, and raid til your heart's content.

Beeing ilitterit makes dis forem stewpid

8th Edition Game Tally
W/L/D
2/1/1