Taking up druchii - first 2K list attempt

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Ukko
Shade

Taking up druchii - first 2K list attempt

Post by Ukko »

Hey, I'm planning towards a 2K druchii list (I know the new book'll be out soon but patience is not one of my virtues) and was hoping for some feedback on this first draft. My other army's a quite infantry-centric HoC so I was planning this as a MSU list with a good magic phase for the variety. The 2 pegasus thing is more of a fluff choice but I may swap her to a dark steed if it's going to cause more problems than it solves.

high sorceress
pegasus, lv4, wand, ds cloak, scroll,
sorceress
lv2, ds scroll, seal of ghrond
noble
pegasus, lance, shield, sdcloak, h/armour, lifetaker
noble
chariot, gweapon, h/armour, spears, sdcloak, shield

10 warriors
shield, mus
10 warriors
shield, mus
5 dark riders
rxb, mus
5 dark riders
rxb, mus

10 executioners
mus
10 witchelves
5 cold one knights
mus, st bearer, war banner

2 reapers

comes to 2K exactly, 9 PD and a bound item, 6 DD and 2 scrolls,
the main things I'm worried about is how I'll deal with big nasties, dragons, etc...
Thanks a lot in advance for any help.
Last edited by Ukko on Tue May 20, 2008 11:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Re: Taking up druchii - first 2K list attempt

Post by Vorchild »

ukko wrote:high sorceress
pegasus, lv4, wand, ds cloak, scroll,

Personally, I like to put the wand on a supporting caster so as to divide the potential missile fire and therefore return targets. It'll always hurt to lose the lord, but sometimes it can hurt even more. I use a L3 daemon prince as my general in my chaos army and the thing is over 600 VPs to the winner. Anytime he goes down, I obviously lose, but I also lose pretty bad because he's too integral to the army. The pegasus mount can go either way - generally though its difficult to use properly and tends to make her more vulnerable. If you're just starting out, I might suggest using a dark steed instead.

sorceress
lv2, ds scroll, seal of ghrond

noble
pegasus, lance, shield, sdcloak, h/armour, lifetaker

Always a good choice in my view. You might consider the enchanted shield for the better save if you can find the points.

noble
chariot, gweapon, h/armour, spears, sdcloak, shield

No point in having a great weapon in a chariot as you still count as mounted, so you'd be better off with a halberd or a lance.

10 warriors
shield, mus
10 warriors
shield, mus
5 dark riders
rxb, mus
5 dark riders
rxb, mus

Interesting selection. Personally, I go with corsairs for small units since they are less vulnerable to shooting, but you do with what you've got. Depending on your overall strategy and how aggressive you want to be, RXBmen might be better choices (it depends on how fast you want to move up).

10 executioners
mus
10 witchelves

You might really want to consider using units of 12 for witches and execs to get the 6-wide frontage as it makes a real difference for those units.

5 cold one knights

2 reapers

comes to 2K exactly, 9 PD and a bound item, 6 DD and 2 scrolls,
the main things I'm worried about is how I'll deal with big nasties, dragons, etc...
Thanks a lot in advance for any help.

Shoot them with the RBT and then charge them with something they are vulnerable to (if they have high T and armour, use the chariot with noble and he should peal it away fairly well, if it has little armour, shoot it with RXB fire for a while as well as the single shot from RBT and then finish it with witches.

List looks pretty good though, I must say.
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Ukko
Shade

Post by Ukko »

Hey - thanks for the feeback, didn't realise that about chariots and GWs, oh well I'll just swap it for a halberd or something as you say . What I might do is put HS on a dark steed and use the points to put a champion in execs and 2 extra WEs in that unit - it does make sense to beef them up to 12, especially as they probably will attract arrows.
As for why warriors instead of corsairs - suppose it's a combination of points being tight and the fact I thought they could maybe take a charge from flyers or light cavalry if push came to shove. That and the fact I'll prob just use them for dying usefully - a sort of "you go distract those grail knights, we'll circle back and help you once we've dealt with those... eh... em ..." unit.
Druchii77
Purveyor of Pain

Post by Druchii77 »

This list is very much in the style of MSU, though you are a bit character heavy. Be aware that your army will be very fragile against ranged attacks. Try to guard your stronger units for as long as possible in order to get those units in to combat. Also, combo charging is the key. Good luck.
castrensis in totus res
Fight my Brutehttp://suckerpunch77.mybrute.com
Try Evony!http://zao77s.evony.com
Ukko
Shade

Post by Ukko »

Yeah - think you might be right about the list being vulnerable to ranged attacks, might be another good reason to put HS on steed rather than pegasus. Another alternative would be 2 chariots instead of one with noble... hmm
Lord kanarik
Corsair

Post by Lord kanarik »

Well it does depend on how fast you can get into combat. If you go fast, you might be ok with shooting. But then again, if you are against Wood Elves, then you're screwed. It depends on which army you are playing.

And your magic is pretty good, so you might be able to cause enough problems with the generally weak missile units. You got the wand, chillwind, doombolt, etc.
Kaetor d'Somnios

Trainee of Khaine

WS: 5
S: 2
T:1
D:5
I:5

Equipment: Short Sword, Dagger

Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy
Ukko
Shade

Post by Ukko »

OK so just a couple of tweaks really - thanks a lot for the feedback from everyone, both here and in the tactics forum re: HS on pegasus.
Here goes..

high sorceress
dark steed, lv4, wand, ds cloak, scroll,
sorceress
lv2, tome of furion, seal of ghrond
noble
pegasus, lance, enchanted shield, sdcloak, h/armour, lifetaker
noble
chariot, lance, h/armour, sdcloak, shield

10 warriors
shield, mus
10 warriors
shield, mus
5 dark riders
rxb, mus
5 dark riders
rxb, mus

10 executioners
mus, champion
12 witchelves
5 cold one knights

2 reapers

Basically I put HS on a horse rather than the pegasus, the main reason being that there was so little advantage in either when all kinds of scenarios are considered and the steed is way cheaper.
I bumped WE to 12, hopefully meaning I can cram two more into the frontage and still keep a rank/afford to lose some to shooting.
I gave execs a champion as it gives more attacks without affecting manouverability - also means if they get the flank I should still get the 5 or 6 attacks, all in all it seems better than the 6 frontage.
I chamged up some magic items - enchanted shield for noble on peg, tome for level2 (hate getting stuck with some 12+ spell on a level 2!) but it meant losing a scroll...

Thanks again - if anyone can see any other problems/better alternatives I'd love to hear them, the feedback so far's really helped!