600Pt. Mini tournament. (7th)

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Cat-the-odd
Beastmaster

600Pt. Mini tournament. (7th)

Post by Cat-the-odd »

Hejo guys'n'gals,

I have a saturday with a mini tournament. We are 3 players: DukeDuncan with freshly painted greenskins, Divad leaving the orcs in the shelf and trying some Dwarfs and me with the 7th Ed Darkelves.

The point limit for each army is 600 P and we play 3 games each on each...

DukeDuncan likes simple compositions: core troops, few costly items but more troops...
Divad will have problems to squeeze 3 regiments in, considering he wants to test a gyrocopter.

I'll play all my painted DE :D

Sorceress Level2, Book of Furion
19 Warriors, Shields & full command
5 Dark Riders, Repeater Crossbows, Musican
5 Shades, 2nd Handweapons
Repeater Bolt Thrower

Summing up to exactly 600 P.

I intend to use the lore of Metal. The casting values are really low and I'll be flexible with 3 spells and Power of Darkness.
Against the Greenskins it will be hopefully many spells against max 3 dispel dice and against Dwarfs I intend to cast one spell each turn but with either 4 dice to break through the 4 dispel dice or let the spell be on 3 dice and use the remaining die for PoD. I'll try a bit...

To tweak the list:
I have 20P for magic items on the sorceress (5p went to the shades) I could leave some warriors out for any other item. There comes the dagger or the Darkstar cloak to my mind. Unfortunately the DSC is 5p more expensive then in the 6th ed. Gave me quite a blow when I realized I have 20P. for items and I couldn't use my favourite standard item.
I even thought of heving no magic item on the sorceress and taking the Warbanner for the warriors (I mean it's 10P cheaper than a rank!)

thinking about this it could be 14 Warriors with warbenner and Sorc with the dagger/dsc

Opinions, comments and evil rants are welcome.

CAT
../¨¨¨|
.|ô/ô 9..Real sportsmen hunt with arrows and fish with flies.
.~~ /|...Real gentlemen play games which require skill, not tools.
.|__/\...Extraordinary gentlemen even win with them.
.[>o<]...Welcome to the League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentlemen
Godless-mimicry
Noble

Post by Godless-mimicry »

Sorry the list is illegal, no rare choices in games less than
1000pts.
-Godless-

Tally:

New Chaos Warriors W12 D0 L3

Dark Elves W8 D0 L0
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Godless-Mimicry wrote:Sorry the list is illegal, no rare choices in games less than 1000pts.

Where do you take this from? Never heard about that.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Godless-mimicry
Noble

Look in any army book
-Godless-

Tally:

Dark Elves W8 D0 L0
Godless-mimicry
Noble

Oops wait I think that's gone now actually :oops:
-Godless-

Tally:

Dark Elves W8 D0 L0
Cat-the-odd
Beastmaster

Post by Cat-the-odd »

Well - I had my games and the result was strange:

I lost both games. Against the goblins the lore was utterly useless. I rolled 1,2 & 6 and despite No. 6 came off several times it threatened my sorceress much more with miscasts then doing substantial harm to the greenskins.
He played 20 NG & 30 NG(Nets&General) & 5 Squigteams, 2 Bolters & Hoppaz... ouch.

The second game i rolled 1,2 & 5 against Dwarfs (15 Warriors, Thane, 10 Thunderers, 6slayers & Gyrocopter)
I was really missing the Spell no. 4 or 6... BUT In combination with DoP I got off many spells. in one round even all four of them (one dispelled by the force of the 4 DD) He rolled lucky on his 6er wardsave two times so I got only one Life off the thane and I rolled badly for destroying his runic items. The best effect was against the Gyrocoper (nasty thing!) to forbid movement for 3 turns... So I got massacred more slowly...

My plan to take low casting values and the extra spell worked out even against the 4 DD. Casting an important spell on 3 dice for forcing it to be dispelled and trying then the bonus of PoD is cool. Be aware that it is really handy to have two spells left to be cast before using PoD. Planning this I could use the PoD dice after he threw the dispels already with minimizing miscast chances (I rolled a 6 for spell two on one die, which I just wanted to dispose safely)
More clearly:
Big spell on 3 dice -> drawing all 4 DD
PoD on one die (lucky me I got 4 PD)
1 die for a safe low-casting spell (to get rid of one hurt-die)
3 dice on the second big spell (4 dice would cause miscast more often for no worthy gain - dispelling was over anyway)

If you ask me - I would do this again! But with another lore. One where you'll have at least ONE useful damage spell when rolling for 3 spells...
I should use Dark magic! Iwanted to! But I chose for curiosity the Metallics...

Well that's it... next game will be with more points and hopefully with the Darkstarcloak. Then this tactic works with High casting level spells!
PoD on 1-2 dice (draw dispel or get 2nd casting possibility) and then calculate with one big spell per round adding the second as your bonus.
Blach Horror on a lvl2 sorc makes sense now!

Well, goodnight and sorry for this bad language style this time.
CAT
../¨¨¨|
.|ô/ô 9..Real sportsmen hunt with arrows and fish with flies.
.~~ /|...Real gentlemen play games which require skill, not tools.
.|__/\...Extraordinary gentlemen even win with them.
.[>o<]...Welcome to the League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentlemen