4k list tactics for analysis

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

4k list tactics for analysis

Post by Kinslayer »

lords
449 - Dreadlord - manticore - hydra blade, armour of eternal servitude, seal of ghrond, shield, sea dragon cloak
400 - Supreme Sorceress lvl4 - dark pegasus - lifetaker, focus familiar, pendant of khaeleth

heroes
190 - Master - battle standard bearer - shield, sea dragon cloak, hydra banner
175 - Sorceress lvl2 - tome of furion, dispel scroll
185 - Sorceress lvl2 - darkstar cloak, dispel scroll
235 - Death Hag - cauldron of blood - rune of khaine, dark venom

core
25 Warriors - shields, full command
110 - 10 Crossbowmen - shields
110 - 10 Crossbowmen - shields
225 - 20 Corsairs - 2 hand weapons, full command
110 - 5 Dark Riders - crossbows
110 - 5 Dark Riders - crossbows

171 - Assassin - 2 hand weapons, rune of khaine, touch of death, black lotus

55 - 5 Harpies
55 - 5 Harpies
55 - 5 Harpies
55 - 5 Harpies

special
320 - 20 Black Guard - full command, ring of hotek
250 - 17 Witch Elves - full command, witchbrew, banner of murder

rare
175 - War Hydra
175 - War Hydra
100 - Reaper Bolt Thrower
100 - Reaper Bolt Thrower

_____

------------------

The basic idea is to run the manticore dreadlord down the center, hanging back to avoid unwanted charges from frenzy. In support to him i have the black guard complete with BSB and hidden assassin as my center block, screened by harpies. This center is flanked by the hydras on either side. Out to one side is a harpy screen and dark rider flankers supporting the cauldron, witches and corsairs. On the other flank is a harpy screen and dark riders supporting the mages and warriors.

My wargear was chosen with my units in mind, i didnt want the ring on the manticore incase frenzy brought him within 12" of my sorceress' or limited the pegasus and manticores huge movement. Instead i settled it on the black guard champion, who will hold the center meaning i need to keep my sorceress' to one side which shouldnt be a problem. The cauldron, manticore, hydras all cause terror meaning i should be able to cause a lot of pain without even being in combat from units fleeing. This also gives me one of the most solid centers available.

Of course, the flanks then need to keep up but the witches are screened by the harpies and enhanced by the cauldron with stubborn and probably bloodshield or fury of khaine depending on if they will be in combat that turn. I then have the dark riders to bring home a bit of shooting on the outsides too. This size battle will probably be on an 8ft by 4ft board meaning there should be at least one or two hills in my deployment zone where i can place the shooting units. 2 RBT and 20 Crossbows means i can take out anything unwanted in a single turn if i roll well enough.

What do you think ;)