Magic-Heavy 2000 points

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Zerosoul
Slave on the Altar

Magic-Heavy 2000 points

Post by Zerosoul »

I'm new to the site, though I've been lurking a while. I'm just about to start Dark Elves as my second Fantasy army after Daemons of Chaos and it's kind of a new experience for me. I was hoping to get some feedback on my army list, as it's going to also serve as kind of a shopping list of sorts. Magic is what drew me to WFB in the first place, so I wanted to try something magic heavy.

Lord
===

Supreme Sorceress, Level 4 Wizard, Dark Pegasus, Black Staff, Pendant of Khaeleth - 400

Heroes
=====

Sorceress, Level 2 Wizard, Tome of Furion, Dispel Scroll - 175 - goes with repeater crossbowmen

Master, Lance, Heavy Armour, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak, Cold One, Battle Standard Bearer, Hydra Standard - goes with CoKs

Core
====

Dark Elf Warriors x 20, Shields, FC - 155

Dark Riders x 5, Musician, RXBs - 117

Dark Riders x 5, Musician, RXBs - 117

Dark Elf Repeater Crossbowmen x 10, Shields - 110

Harpies x 5

Harpies x 5

Special
======

Cold One Knights x 5, FC, Standard of Slaughter, Null Talisman on the Dread Knight - 225

Rare
====

War Hydra

Reaper Bolt Thrower x 2

It's a lot smaller than I'm used to, and a lot shootier. Main battle plan is to bunker the level 2 sorceress in the RXBs and give her either Lore of Metal or Fire, and use her to do some spell blasting from long range and take out heavier targets, while the RXBs shoot up opposing skirmishers or what-have-you. The Supreme Sorceress flits around blasting opposing formations with Dark Magic. The Master rides with the Cold One Knights, who serve as my hammer. The Dark Riders flank and pick on warmachine crews or go suicide wizard hunting. The warriors march up the center of the field, to either claim table quarters or bait my opponent into hitting them so my CoKs can come clean up, or they go in against my opponent's infantry, as necessary. The Reaper Bolt Throwers clean up heavy cav or shoot up the enemy formation as required, and the Hydra goes nearish the CoKs to hopefully get some combo charges, or at least support one another. Harpies just screen the CoKs so they don't get shot up too badly crossing the field.

So - how does it look? I would appreciate any thoughts from more experienced Druchii players.
Archon_matt
Cold One Knight

Post by Archon_matt »

Have you considered trading out those CoKs for some Black Guard, and sticking the Sorceress in them? There is NO WAY anyone would be able to get through that if your master is in a nearby unit of spears. Alternatively, use the spears to bunker the sorceress and use the BG as a holding unit in case an enemy gets too close?
One other thing. How about a Sacrificial Dagger for that Sorceress in the Warriors unit? It would make her a bit better at magic.
I am a proud member of The League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentlemen
8th Edition
W/L/D
10/2/0

Sirenis Helbane (Group 35)
WS:4 S:4 T:2 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Heavy Armour, Helmet, Draich, Dagger (Combat).
Skills: Basic Heal