Quite Embarrasing Really...Need Your Help

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Rhion
Trainee Warrior

Post by Rhion »

Grand Piriestess of Khaine (High Sorceress)
These Priestessess perform many ancient rites in order to use the mighty Khaines powers. Haing tremendous magical powers, the High Priestesses call upon the many aspects of Khains killing

Priestess of Khaine (sorceress)
Although lower than the Grand Priestess, priestesses of Khaine still show great power which Khaine grants for a price...

There is a smal problem the Temple of Khaine dislike any sorcerss and magic there is it write in rule sect enmity.
Alkair
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Alkair »

Unfortunately, I guess Rhion is right. At least in the army book Khaine is not really favour of magic which is suppossedly tainted by Slaan if I remember correctly. However, all Druchii life and die at Malekith's mercy, so any sorceress can be included in any army. You might want to reflect that in your army by not allowing any of your sorceress to join any unit in your army as the devotees of Khaine dispise the magic users.

As for what to start with, I guess the best advise is to just browse some of the army lists posted here on the forum. From a personal position I would include the following units:
1. At least one unit of 5 Bloodfiends, better even 2 units, equip them with RXB and you have a good flanking and harrassing force.
2. As you obviously do not want to include corsairs, one big unit of Bloodguard (I use the same name for my city guard regiment with my highborn in it ;) ), 20 strong with full command and shields. In case you feel like adding some more shooting a unit of 10 Bloodguards with RXB and shields is also a reliable choice.
3. Blood Reapers, definite choice, 2 at least.
4. For true fluff you need to include at least one unit of witch elves, 20 strong. Perhaps even think about two units or making it the biggest unit in your army to reflect the Khaine aspect.
5. For any other of the units (Execs, COK, COC) this boils down to your personal choice of playing. COK is the charging unit, put a noble or highborn in them and you even get them quite reliable on stupidity. COC is a nasty flank charging thing. Combine the COK and COC (both causing fear) and you have a good chance for an autobreak in CR.
I personally do not like Execs as I think they do not have enough surviving capability with light armour.
6. If you are a real devotee of Khaine you should think about including the Cauldron of Blood. That is mainly for fluff reasons but, hey, that is what your army is based on anyway... ;)
---------------------
House Sheth Harath
Highborns of the great city of Ghrond
Guardians against the Great Chaos Waste
Goricexii
Noble

Post by Goricexii »

I'm sorry to be less than sanguine here, but why are you playing Dark Elves? Because it does kind of look like you secretly want to play Khorne. It might help to look up a few more words meaning "blood", as well. There's a certain dreary mechanistic feel to you nomenclature.
Hmmmm...two cold ones in a chariot drawn by dark elves. That's never a good sign...
Alkair
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Alkair »

The list looks fine to me for 1500 pts. I guess you could still stick with the Khaine background for your army, particularly creating a background story for your army which explains their devotion to Khaine. But I feel that shadow is too sneaky for an army following Khaine. Death or Dark are more appropriate doing more destruction... :twisted:

I feel that you can explain a lot of stuff by giving a decent background information to your army. My army (posted as Alkairs raiding force) is a house army from the noble family. Look at the GP where you might find some nice idea to twist your army a little bit further (particularly the execs and perhaps your noble).
---------------------
House Sheth Harath
Highborns of the great city of Ghrond
Guardians against the Great Chaos Waste
Goricexii
Noble

Post by Goricexii »

Surely, with yr theme, Crimson Death would be much more in character than the Blade of Ruin. And not working in the Blood Armour somewhere would be unforgivable...

On a different note, I think if yr going to use the Lore of Shadows (which works great with Lifetaker) then the Tome of Furion is more useful than the Darkstar Cloak. If you were using the Dark Art then I'd take the cloak without hesitation. I also wouldn't normally take Shadows these days if I'm only using one sorceress.

As for the list, I think you may be going a bit heavy on the CoK, and possibly the Executioners as well. The other units are suffering for it. The Xbow warriors don't have shields, and I'd rather have 11 with than 12 without. The Dark Riders are only one unit and don't have anything. There's only one Reaper.

As soon as you put this army down, yr opponent is going to think; "I need to kill/avoid/tie up/shoot with cannons THAT (meaning CoK), maybe watch out for THIS (meaning Exes) and the rest is easy victory points". And he'll probably be able to do it
Hmmmm...two cold ones in a chariot drawn by dark elves. That's never a good sign...